[SOLVED] Mobo with 2x DP?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I would like to find a mobo for LGA1200, prefer MicroATX, with two display port outputs. The only other "like to have" aspect would be 4x RAM slots and ~$100 or less.

Typically I would go to my preferred retailer(s) and use their filters to locate said. I can't seem to locate such a thing. Does said exist?

Solution
Yeah, it appears so.

I had been looking at the "H" chipsets as they like to make those with all the weird legacy connectors. I mean like folks are commonly using PS2 connectors and serial port/printers....I honestly considered that with the prevalence of this connector type among the Dell and HP business models that someone would be copying that for ease of install and cable management. (also why I want it)

If this isn't a gaming computer just go online and pick up a cheap used GTX 1000 or RX500 series card with the ports you need. You could even go older with a GTX900 or RX400 series card as well.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Most mobos are going to have 1 HDMI and 1 DP port on the motherboards if your lucky and on cheaper ones you still see 1 HDMi and a VGA or DVI. Most likely you'll have to buy a HDMI to DP adapter or purchase a cheap GPU that has multiple DP outputs.

Yeah, it appears so.

I had been looking at the "H" chipsets as they like to make those with all the weird legacy connectors. I mean like folks are commonly using PS2 connectors and serial port/printers....I honestly considered that with the prevalence of this connector type among the Dell and HP business models that someone would be copying that for ease of install and cable management. (also why I want it)

Yeah, it appears so.

If this isn't a gaming computer just go online and pick up a cheap used GTX 1000 or RX500 series card with the ports you need. You could even go older with a GTX900 or RX400 series card as well.

Reactions: punkncat
Solution

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador

I have a hard limit of $400, and am trying really hard to build this as a 10400 instead of a 10100. It's not SUPER critical that it have two DP, and have found a couple of workable options in that class if they will stay in stock long enough to purchase, lol. The only real reason I want to do so is to preserve the existing cables and management for the desk area cause it looks nice the way it is, haha. Doesn't hurt to ask...

I have been watching an Amazon cart off and on for about a week. Their pricing is variable to some degree so my preferred build has been as low as 404-ish, and as high as 420-ish.

I have a hard limit of $400, and am trying really hard to build this as a 10400 instead of a 10100. It's not SUPER critical that it have two DP, and have found a couple of workable options in that class if they will stay in stock long enough to purchase, lol. The only real reason I want to do so is to preserve the existing cables and management for the desk area cause it looks nice the way it is, haha. Doesn't hurt to ask...

I have been watching an Amazon cart off and on for about a week. Their pricing is variable to some degree so my preferred build has been as low as 404-ish, and as high as 420-ish.

Found this on eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/NVIDIA-GeF...929987?hash=item2d23d8a943:g:IcEAAOSwkNNgAgL7