[SOLVED] MoCa adapter is not working

aa1991aa

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2015
Hello everyone , I didn't know about Moca adapter until a couple days ago. I was and am currently using Powerline network adapter and that is working ok but I want to take it to the next level since I play competitive online games like BF5 so I bought the Actiontech Moca 2.0 ( ECB6200 ) . Spectrum Charter is my ISP and I am paying for 200mb download and 10mb upload speed ( I know the ECB6200 is a bit overkill ) . Anyway I received the adapters yesterday and here is my setup :
My ISP modem(ARRIS TM1602) is connected to the Coax cable directly to the wall and the router (Netgear R7500-100NAS) is connected to the modem via ethernet , I took off the modem and put the Coax splitter instead (the splitter came in the Moca adapter box). then from one end of the splitter to the modem and the other end to the Actiontech Moca adapter coax input . and then from Moca adapter to the router via ethernet . and then of course power cable.
Then in my room where I need wired connection to my PC : I connected the Moca adapter directly to Coax cable on the wall and plugged the power cable and an ethernet cable to my PC from the adapter .
The ethernet light on the Moca adapter is solid green , the power LED is also solid green but the Coax is turned off on both adapters and am not able to connect to internet . Please any idea why it's not working ?

Solution
Modem->Router->moca device->house coax->moca device->PC.

The MoCA takes an ethernet signal off the router, transforms it into the coax. At the other end, it extracts it from the coax and turns it back into an ethernet signal, usable by the PC.

USAFRet

Titan

The MoCA takes an ethernet signal off the router, transforms it into the coax. At the other end, it extracts it from the coax and turns it back into an ethernet signal, usable by the PC.

Solution

aa1991aa

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2015

I should be missing something then because I double checked and Here is my connection : From wall to splitter then to the modem then to the router and then to the Moca and then back to the splitter. Still nothing

aa1991aa

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2015
The next consideration is that all this coax must be actually connected.
You're sure that the coax at the far end actually works?
Well as far as I remember I have never connected anything to the Coax in my room , so that's a good question , you think something might be wrong with the Coax output on the wall ? How should I know if it's not working ?