Mod Marketplace Coming to StarCraft II

Status
Not open for further replies.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
[citation][nom]Mr_Man[/nom]How about a mod that's exactly the same, but with LAN support?[/citation]
Oh no, that would be too expensive! lol

I'd buy a LAN support mod!

G

Free maps and mods are what kept Starcraft alive for so long, taking that and LAN out of Starcraft II will be the Starcraft franchise's downfall, mark my words!

rrhaire

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
Honestly, enough with the LAN support talk.
I'm looking forward to checking out this Marketplace feature. It should make joining/creating games much easier since people will no longer need to download off the host. It should also eliminate the multiple versions of maps that are all nearly identical but still require a full download (i.e. hunters 1.0, hunters 1.1, etc, etc). Not to mention with a cash insentive, UMS games will probably be much more interesting. Cannon defense just gets old after a while :p

Shandris

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
[citation][nom]Igot1forya[/nom]Oh no, that would be too expensive! lolI'd buy a LAN support mod![/citation]

It's funny how you said that... I wonder if Blizzard will be like, "You have to pay another $50 for the premium of LAN support". And doing a guestimation on the price, $50 for first game, $50 (or more) for LAN support, and another $50 for each of the expansions (2 more); that would be roughly $200 a pop for each SC2 account. Now imagine how many SC fans out there across the globe... Blizzard will milk a lot of money out of everyone. This is just a speculation; no need to "mark my words".

G

They won't charge full price for the expansions. They can't. No one charges full price for an expansion. They couldn't justify it.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Trido[/nom]They won't charge full price for the expansions. They can't. No one charges full price for an expansion. They couldn't justify it.[/citation]

The charged full price for ever expansion they have released to date.

LoD, Frozen Trone, all the WoW expansions. Everything. Mark MY words. It'll be full price. As much as that sucks to know. :(

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]scuba dave[/nom]The charged full price for ever expansion they have released to date.LoD, Frozen Trone, all the WoW expansions. Everything. Mark MY words. It'll be full price. As much as that sucks to know.[/citation]

They usually charge $10 less than the released version. All of the WoW expansions came out at $39.99, not $49.99. Still too much for an expansion in my opinion, but not quite full price.

[citation][nom]ftf[/nom]Free maps and mods are what kept Starcraft alive for so long, taking that and LAN out of Starcraft II will be the Starcraft franchise's downfall, mark my words![/citation]

There will still be free maps. Did you read the article? This just gives some of the map makers / modders an option to charge for their content, it is not just Blizzard charging for content.

Sort of like XBox Live Marketplace's Indie Games section, where those using the XNA creator to develop arcade-like games or music programs, etc and charge anywhere from $1 to around $5 or so for their creation.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Screw you Blizzard, three part game with you now charging for maps and every freaking thing you can milk from us. What next, charge for upgrade capabilities too, I would put it past you. I'm not buy it now.

pim69

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
WTF no LAN support? this could have been a big game for LAN parties, now they'll have to have MASSIVE internet bandwidth for this game? who the hell thought that was a good idea??

Status
Not open for further replies.