Modders Make Star Wars: KOTOR 2 Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

timaahhh

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2007
I really need to give KOTOR another go. I was a Jedi Knights Fan and couldn't stand how slow KOTOR is. The only RPG i truly love is FF Tactics.

The modding community is a major reason I find PC gaming appealing. While it slashes the player base at times in multiplayer games. Mods like the JA+ mod and movie battles mod in JK3 really brought the game new life.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]alvine[/nom]im so excited i remember playing first one...SOOO good[/citation]
Yeah, I know what you mean. You feel almost a sense of sadness and loss when you get to the end of the game because you know there is nothing more. I can't wait to check this out!

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
I played it but was not impressed. It just didn't scratch the right itch I suppose. It was a fin game and all, just not my thing. I am personally awaiting Mass Effect 2 instead.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Yeah, storyline-wise the first one was way better. The no lightsabers thing in the second was annoying, cause as soon as you finally were able to make yours you find like another five around the next corner.

I played the first one for like 5 days solid till I beat it and eventually played it again. I played through the second in like a month...

I hope this makes it better...

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
KOTOR2 had the best story. It looked at the force in a different way that I haven't seen before, and tackled the Jedi faith in an objective, unbiased way. The ending was definitely rushed, though. Bioware or Obsidian (I'd prefer Obsidian) need to make a KOTOR3 instead of a lame MMO. By the very nature of MMOs, The Old Republic MMO is going to ruin everything that made the KOTOR games great. No deep character interaction with intricate characters, no turn-based combat, no sense that YOU'RE the hero of the universe. Instead you'll just be some nobody acting low-level monsters for a year with stunted progression and minimal excitement because Bioware will want you to be addicted and shell out more money month after month.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Thanks for the link, I may have to load up KOTOR 2 again. I thought both were good and still own them. The ending of KOTOR2 was empty but other than that it was good and I did not think it was rushed.
KOTOR one was more buggy and crashed much more than 2 did. I played them on 2 different machines too.
I agree they were great RPGs but I also think FF XII was really good too, same style game play, three characters but you could customize the characters (auto-fight) in FF XII much more than in either KOTOR. I still have Baldur's Gate 1&2 that are aged but still good.
Looking forward to Dragon Age, big time, I just hope they don't try and milk us on this new game with mini expansion packs, kinda like what Fallout 3 did.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Now this is news!
I loved #1, but I couldn't get the feel for #2.
I just may go and buy #2 and get the finished content.

It seems like it would be a lot of grueling work, and likely all unpaid also. Hopefully these guys all landed a high paying job within Obsibian or BioWare.

jgiron

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
i only have the first 1 and I'm still trying to get through to but there are too many good games out there and too little time.

Status
Not open for further replies.