[SOLVED] Modding my PS1 controller to USB via splicing.

testsubject2575

Reputable
Dec 26, 2019
So I've decided to restore my old PS1 controller (SCPH-110) and I want to use it on my PC since the console doesn't work anymore. I can't buy adapters because a pin on the controller's plug was missing, and I can't buy adapters now because all nearby stores are closed.

Can I simply splice the cable and connect it to USB? If yes, can you give me some reference on how to connect the wires?

Solution
So I've decided to restore my old PS1 controller (SCPH-110) and I want to use it on my PC since the console doesn't work anymore. I can't buy adapters because a pin on the controller's plug was missing, and I can't buy adapters now because all nearby stores are closed.

Can I simply splice the cable and connect it to USB? If yes, can you give me some reference on how to connect the wires?
Can’t you just buy a USB PS2 controller? Dual shocks are proprietary connectors I wouldn’t try to splice it.

Can’t you just buy a USB PS2 controller? Dual shocks are proprietary connectors I wouldn’t try to splice it.

Reactions: testsubject2575
Solution

testsubject2575

Reputable
Dec 26, 2019
Well I've already found out that you can't just splice and connect a Dualshock directly to a USB cable without any adapter. Also, the missing pin is actually not functional, and the controller works fine without it. I can order an adapter now but it will take almost a month before it gets delivered. I'll just keep my old controllers unused then. Thanks.

Last edited: