Model A Raspberry Pi Now for Sale in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
I'd pick up a model B, but honestly, I doubt i'd ever get around to doing anything cool with it.

I like the idea more than actually getting hands on with it.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
[citation][nom]iggyman[/nom]25$? You mean 25€, right?[/citation]

No, i'm pretty sure they're legitimately $25 for a model A and $35 for a B. At least all the news i've heard about them has quoted those numbers. Could be an ongoing tomshardware typo, I wouldn't put it below them.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
[citation][nom]iggyman[/nom]25$? You mean 25€, right?[/citation]

http://www.raspberrypi.org/faqs

[citation]Why is the price in US Dollars? You’re a UK company!
The components we buy are priced in dollars, and we negotiate manufacturing in dollars. Because currency markets are so volatile at the moment, we price the final board in dollars too so we don’t have to keep changing the price.[/citation]

[citation]How much will it cost?
The Model A will cost $25 and the Model B $35, plus local taxes and shipping/handling fees.[/citation]

Dangi

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
[citation][nom]internetlad[/nom]http://www.raspberrypi.org/faqs[citation]Why is the price in US Dollars? You’re a UK company!The components we buy are priced in dollars, and we negotiate manufacturing in dollars. Because currency markets are so volatile at the moment, we price the final board in dollars too so we don’t have to keep changing the price.[/citation][citation]How much will it cost?The Model A will cost $25 and the Model B $35, plus local taxes and shipping/handling fees.[/citation][/citation]

One of the many things I still can't understand.

If Pi is sold in $ then 35$ = 25€, BUT when you try to buy it it appears priced at 25.92L = 40,92 $ = 29.89€

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
I bought the model B last month and using it as a media center. Ordered another one today which will be using that for test projects. I kinda like to see model C with more RAM and newer version of the ARM processor to run the latest apps.

For now model B with 512megs of RAM works and at good value for $35.

[citation][nom]Dangi[/nom]How much will it cost?The Model A will cost $25 and the Model B $35, plus local taxes and shipping/handling fees.

One of the many things I still can't understand.If Pi is sold in $ then 35$ = 25€, BUT when you try to buy it it appears priced at 25.92L = 40,92 $ = 29.89€[/citation]

That would be due to your local taxes + S&H.

FYI, the current £25.92 price for the 'B' board is inkl. taxes.
Before taxes it runs £21.60; aprox. $35 USD.

shadowfamicom

Honorable
May 2, 2012
Have two of the Raspberry Pi Model B boards (the older ones with 256mb of ram). Very solid little board. Currently making one of them into a console/arcade emulation front end.

iggyman

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
[citation][nom]internetlad[/nom]No, i'm pretty sure they're legitimately $25 for a model A and $35 for a B. At least all the news i've heard about them has quoted those numbers. Could be an ongoing tomshardware typo, I wouldn't put it below them.[/citation]
[citation][nom]internetlad[/nom]http://www.raspberrypi.org/faqs[citation]Why is the price in US Dollars? You’re a UK company!The components we buy are priced in dollars, and we negotiate manufacturing in dollars. Because currency markets are so volatile at the moment, we price the final board in dollars too so we don’t have to keep changing the price.[/citation][citation]How much will it cost?The Model A will cost $25 and the Model B $35, plus local taxes and shipping/handling fees.[/citation][/citation]

Really? Check this: http://raspberrypi.rsdelivers.com/product/raspberry-pi/raspberry-pi-type-a/raspberry-pi-type-a-single-board-computer-256mb/7568317.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.