[Model] [FS] Ceder strips

I have several access to a fairly good amount of 1/8"(to 3/16")x 2" ceder in
lengths up to about 3 feet (anything longer would be a pain to ship and
would probably get broken in route). This stuff is great for scratch
building terrain such as buildings, forts, Ork(c) hovels. or what ever.

Ten foot of this will run you $1.00 plus shipping. My boss said if you want
it to let me know this week, or it's all going in the chipper to be used
around the bushes at his house (he also says there is no way in hell anyone
of you will buy it).

Know those of us that purchase balsa and small bits of light wood know how
expensive that stuff is. So this comes out as a really good alternative. So
get your now and let's prove my boss wrong!

--
Jim M

"Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
"The only game I like to play is Old Maid - provided she's not too old." --
Groucho Marx

http://jimac.tripod.com

In article <MPG.1ce08e028532f3f698a539@news.west.earthlink.net>, Jim M,
hnjcomics@gmail.com Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
> I have several access to a fairly good amount of 1/8"(to 3/16")x 2" ceder in
> lengths up to about 3 feet (anything longer would be a pain to ship and
> would probably get broken in route). This stuff is great for scratch
> building terrain such as buildings, forts, Ork(c) hovels. or what ever.
>
> Ten foot of this will run you $1.00 plus shipping. My boss said if you want
> it to let me know this week, or it's all going in the chipper to be used
> around the bushes at his house (he also says there is no way in hell anyone
> of you will buy it).
>
> Know those of us that purchase balsa and small bits of light wood know how
> expensive that stuff is. So this comes out as a really good alternative. So
> get your now and let's prove my boss wrong!

Hey, I'm interested. I don't have a use for it in 40K, but a good
friend of mine builds scale models of Woodies and other period or custom
cars. This would be ideal for the work he does on that sort of thing.
It's also great for lining humidors. (That's something I do like. ;)

If you don't have my email, contact me via the supa-seek-rit list.
Otherwise drop a note here and we'll get the ball rolling. This sounds
like it'll be a nice surprise for my friend.

Myrmidon
#1582. I think they call it Warhammer "40K" because that is how
much you are going to have to make per year in order to play.

- Eric Noland

# 1082. Pound for pound I can buy cocaine cheaper than
raise a Warhammer army

- Roy Cox

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/gwprice/

****

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Or...

Estarriol

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

"Jim M" <hnjcomics@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have several access to a fairly good amount of 1/8"(to 3/16")x 2" ceder
>in
> lengths up to about 3 feet (anything longer would be a pain to ship and
> would probably get broken in route). This stuff is great for scratch
> building terrain such as buildings, forts, Ork(c) hovels. or what ever.
>
> Ten foot of this will run you $1.00 plus shipping. My boss said if you
> want
> it to let me know this week, or it's all going in the chipper to be used
> around the bushes at his house (he also says there is no way in hell
> anyone
> of you will buy it).
>
> Know those of us that purchase balsa and small bits of light wood know how
> expensive that stuff is. So this comes out as a really good alternative.
> So
> get your now and let's prove my boss wrong!

I would buy some, but I hate to think of the shipping cost...

--
estarriol

It was a cold day in September when estarriol entered the world pub known as
rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

> "Jim M" <hnjcomics@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >I have several access to a fairly good amount of 1/8"(to 3/16")x 2" ceder
> >in
> > lengths up to about 3 feet (anything longer would be a pain to ship and
> > would probably get broken in route). This stuff is great for scratch
> > building terrain such as buildings, forts, Ork(c) hovels. or what ever.
> >
> > Ten foot of this will run you $1.00 plus shipping. My boss said if you
> > want
> > it to let me know this week, or it's all going in the chipper to be used
> > around the bushes at his house (he also says there is no way in hell
> > anyone
> > of you will buy it).
> >
> > Know those of us that purchase balsa and small bits of light wood know how
> > expensive that stuff is. So this comes out as a really good alternative.
> > So
> > get your now and let's prove my boss wrong!
> >
> I would buy some, but I hate to think of the shipping cost...

Depending on the amount you want the shipping may not be as bad as you
think. For the U.K. I would cut it into 1 foot lengths to insure it would
fit nicely in a small box.
--

Jim M wrote:

> I have several access to a fairly good amount of 1/8"(to 3/16")x 2" ceder

Shouldn't the subject of this thread be "I've got wood!"?

Steve Olk

> It was a cold day in September when estarriol entered the world pub known
> as
> rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...
>
>> I would buy some, but I hate to think of the shipping cost...
>>

> Depending on the amount you want the shipping may not be as bad as you
> think. For the U.K. I would cut it into 1 foot lengths to insure it would
> fit nicely in a small box.

careful customs don't break it open because they think it's cigarette
cartons. I swear those pricks have nothing better to do.

In article <d588n4$fov$1@eeyore.INS.cwru.edu>, Steve Olk, spo2@case.edu
Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
> Jim M wrote:
>
> > I have several access to a fairly good amount of 1/8"(to 3/16")x 2" ceder
>
> Shouldn't the subject of this thread be "I've got wood!"?

File it!

:) Now that's just making me flash back to the days of Quake 1
gaming and ax murdering fellow gamers. "I've got wood!" "Wood is
good!"

Myr :)

--
He really should pay us for that you know, you can't just have any old
yob carrying on these traditions.

- Kurt

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Myrmidon said

> If you don't have my email,

Just email reallybadhair@someusisp.com

contact me via the supa-seek-rit list.

Nerds. supa-seek-rit lists are so 2003, and anyone who was really cool was
on the supa supa sekrtit list.

--
Rob Singers RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
Send submissions to submissions at rgmw dot org changing the obvious.

In article <Xns964BCFAE6232Ersingers@IP-Hidden>, Robert Singers,
rsingers@finger.hotmail.com Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
> Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Myrmidon said
>
> > If you don't have my email,
>
> Just email reallybadhair@someusisp.com

Ha! You're just jealous that my hair is taller - than your house!

Myr :)

--
Here's a thought that might help: it's alright to take units
because you like them, even though they aren't the most

- Qrab

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Or...

It was a cold day in September when Robert Singers entered the world pub
known as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

> Subject: Re: [Model] [FS] Ceder strips
> From: Robert Singers <rsingers@finger.hotmail.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer
>
> Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Myrmidon said
>
> > If you don't have my email,
>
> Just email reallybadhair@someusisp.com
>

> contact me via the supa-seek-rit list.
>
> Nerds. supa-seek-rit lists are so 2003, and anyone who was really cool was
> on the supa supa sekrtit list.

Sekrtit lists always were the bomb...

I'm glad you decided to rag on Myr, because I just reread my post. I swear
the older I get the worse my writing gets.
--
Jim M

"Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
"The only game I like to play is Old Maid - provided she's not too old." --
Groucho Marx

http://jimac.tripod.com

It was a cold day in September when Erik Setzer entered the world pub known
as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

> *** post for FREE via your newsreader at post.newsfeed.com ***
>
> On Tue, 03 May 2005 16:32:30 GMT, Myrmidon <ImNot@home.com> wrote:
>
> >In article <d588n4$fov$1@eeyore.INS.cwru.edu>, Steve Olk, spo2@case.edu
> >Varfed out the following in Timo speak...

> >> Shouldn't the subject of this thread be "I've got wood!"?
> >
> >File it!
> >
> > :) Now that's just making me flash back to the days of Quake 1
> >gaming and ax murdering fellow gamers. "I've got wood!" "Wood is
> >good!"
> >
> > Myr :)
>
> I remember a Knights of the Dinner Table strip where they're playing
> Settlers of Catan, and B.A. keeps trying to trade his wood to get
> sheep. He keeps saying, "I have wood for sheep!" and never
> understands why everyone's laughing at him.
> -Erik

....and now you know why I said CEDER Strips instead of wood... So Eric at
this price even you could probably afford some, and nothing says ORKY like
bits of wood scattered amongst your mini's (or is that nothing says Dark
Angels...damn this getting older thing)!

--

Erik Setzer wrote:
> *** post for FREE via your newsreader at post.newsfeed.com ***
> On Tue, 03 May 2005 16:32:30 GMT, Myrmidon <ImNot@home.com> wrote:
>>In article <d588n4$fov$1@eeyore.INS.cwru.edu>, Steve Olk, spo2@case.edu
>>Varfed out the following in Timo speak...

>>>Shouldn't the subject of this thread be "I've got wood!"?
>>
>>File it!
>>
>> :) Now that's just making me flash back to the days of Quake 1
>>gaming and ax murdering fellow gamers. "I've got wood!" "Wood is
>>good!"
>
> I remember a Knights of the Dinner Table strip where they're playing
> Settlers of Catan, and B.A. keeps trying to trade his wood to get
> sheep. He keeps saying, "I have wood for sheep!" and never
> understands why everyone's laughing at him.

Aaah, SoC, sheep are good, sheep go baa! I played my first and only
game in which there as a board-wide sheep shortage the other week.

--
=/\= Lt. Cmdr. Jim =/\=
By our chocolate, shall they know us.

On Wed, 04 May 2005 12:36:47 GMT, Jim M <hnjcomics@gmail.com> wrote:

>It was a cold day in September when Erik Setzer entered the world pub known
>as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...
>
>> *** post for FREE via your newsreader at post.newsfeed.com ***
>>
>> On Tue, 03 May 2005 16:32:30 GMT, Myrmidon <ImNot@home.com> wrote:
>>
>> >In article <d588n4$fov$1@eeyore.INS.cwru.edu>, Steve Olk, spo2@case.edu
>> >Varfed out the following in Timo speak...

>> >File it!
>> >
>> > :) Now that's just making me flash back to the days of Quake 1
>> >gaming and ax murdering fellow gamers. "I've got wood!" "Wood is
>> >good!"
>> >
>> > Myr :)
>>
>> I remember a Knights of the Dinner Table strip where they're playing
>> Settlers of Catan, and B.A. keeps trying to trade his wood to get
>> sheep. He keeps saying, "I have wood for sheep!" and never
>> understands why everyone's laughing at him.
>> -Erik
>>
>...and now you know why I said CEDER Strips instead of wood... So Eric at
>this price even you could probably afford some, and nothing says ORKY like
>bits of wood scattered amongst your mini's (or is that nothing says Dark
>Angels...damn this getting older thing)!

"Brother Captain Azrael, I have wood for our Land Raiders!"
"Damnit, Brother Jebediah, if you want to drive them, just ask, I
didn't need to know your innermost urges."
-Erik

Jim M wrote:

> ...and now you know why I said CEDER Strips instead of wood... So Eric at
> this price even you could probably afford some, and nothing says ORKY like
> bits of wood scattered amongst your mini's (or is that nothing says Dark
> Angels...damn this getting older thing)!

Too bad you couldn't have said cedAr strips, since that's the actual
name of the tree. There is a Mt. Ceder somewhere in Southern Africa.
http://www.mountceder.co.za/index.htm

What country is ZA? Zambia?

Maybe it should be Seder Strips. Tasty unleavened Passover snax.

Hokey smokes, I did a google for cedar, 14.9 million hits, 285,000 images.

"Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@lienhart.name> wrote in message
> Jim M wrote:
>
>> ...and now you know why I said CEDER Strips instead of wood... So Eric at
>> this price even you could probably afford some, and nothing says ORKY
>> like bits of wood scattered amongst your mini's (or is that nothing says
>> Dark Angels...damn this getting older thing)!
>
> Too bad you couldn't have said cedAr strips, since that's the actual name
> of the tree. There is a Mt. Ceder somewhere in Southern Africa.
> http://www.mountceder.co.za/index.htm
>
> What country is ZA? Zambia?

Republic of South Africa is .za

It was a cold day in September when Brion K. Lienhart entered the world pub
known as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

> Too bad you couldn't have said cedAr strips, since that's the actual
> name of the tree. There is a Mt. Ceder somewhere in Southern Africa.

Hell I'm still trying to figure out how it got by the spell checker! The
said part about it is that I have a calender from "CEDAR SUPPLY" on the wall
above my monitor!
--

> It was a cold day in September when Brion K. Lienhart entered the world
> pub
> known as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...
>

>> Too bad you couldn't have said cedAr strips, since that's the actual
>> name of the tree. There is a Mt. Ceder somewhere in Southern Africa.
>
> Hell I'm still trying to figure out how it got by the spell checker! The
> said part about it is that I have a calender from "CEDAR SUPPLY" on the
> wall
> above my monitor!

It's the fumes from the faeces

It was a cold day in September when Craig Little entered the world pub known
as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

> "Jim M" <hnjcomics@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > It was a cold day in September when Brion K. Lienhart entered the world
> > pub
> > known as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...
> >

> >> Too bad you couldn't have said cedAr strips, since that's the actual
> >> name of the tree. There is a Mt. Ceder somewhere in Southern Africa.
> >
> > Hell I'm still trying to figure out how it got by the spell checker! The
> > said part about it is that I have a calender from "CEDAR SUPPLY" on the
> > wall
> > above my monitor!
>
> It's the fumes from the faeces

How many times do I have to tell you, I don't live in a city!

--

> It was a cold day in September when Craig Little entered the world pub
> known
> as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...
>

>> "Jim M" <hnjcomics@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > It was a cold day in September when Brion K. Lienhart entered the world
>> > pub
>> > known as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

>> > Hell I'm still trying to figure out how it got by the spell checker!
>> > The
>> > said part about it is that I have a calender from "CEDAR SUPPLY" on the
>> > wall
>> > above my monitor!
>>
>> It's the fumes from the faeces
>>

> How many times do I have to tell you, I don't live in a city!

As many times as there are names for god in Islam theology.

On Tue, 10 May 2005 11:41:16 -0400, "Craig Little"
<craig.little@gmail.com> wrote:

>"Jim M" <hnjcomics@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> It was a cold day in September when Craig Little entered the world pub
>> known
>> as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...
>>

>>> "Jim M" <hnjcomics@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> It's the fumes from the faeces
>>>

>> How many times do I have to tell you, I don't live in a city!
>>
>As many times as there are names for god in Islam theology.

You'll be here all day.
-Erik