[SOLVED] Modem recommendations

mtracy1991

Reputable
Hello,

My current internet speed package is up to 500 mbps download, 45 upload (i have 15 devices connected and can definitely feel/see the issues with my network at this time). So I am looking for a modem that supports 1 gig download/450 upload speeds at this time as I am currently going to upgrade my internet package to 1 Gbps download/450 Mbps upload. . I am looking to purchase a new modem at BestBuy within the next few days so any recommendation will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike T.

Last edited:
Solution
No reason to spend more--you can get the sb6190 for 1/2 those--even less if you get it used like I did for one of mine. I have 2x and both work great--one on 500/50 and another on a 600/15 connection. There's an ipsec tunnel between them running latency sensitive traffic and it's not had a non-isp issue in over 5 years.
It sounds like you are setting yourself up for a disappointment. The limiting factor on your speed will probably be your ISP not the modem. Do some research before rushing off to buy a new modem. Because a modem CAN support a certain speed doesn't necessarily mean you will see that speed in your installation.

It would also be good to know your location, ISP, and their different plans.

mtracy1991

Reputable
It sounds like you are setting yourself up for a disappointment. The limiting factor on your speed will probably be your ISP not the modem. Do some research before rushing off to buy a new modem. Because a modem CAN support a certain speed doesn't necessarily mean you will see that speed in your installation.

It would also be good to know your location, ISP, and their different plans.

I'm in Bridgeport, CT. and Seeing that a significant increase from 45 upload speeds to up to 450 would be better in my situation. Sorry, I didn't list the upgrade I was looking to get: Internet speed package is 1 GBPS download/450 MBPs upload.

I was looking at these two modems:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgear-32-x-8-docsis-3-1-cable-modem-black/5712202.p?skuId=5712202

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgea...3-1-cable-modem-black/6345940.p?skuId=6345940

And debating which to use. I don't have any household phone, just the internet/tv service at this time.

No reason to spend more--you can get the sb6190 for 1/2 those--even less if you get it used like I did for one of mine. I have 2x and both work great--one on 500/50 and another on a 600/15 connection. There's an ipsec tunnel between them running latency sensitive traffic and it's not had a non-isp issue in over 5 years.

Solution