Modern Warfare 3 Rakes It In: $400 Million in 24 Hours

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ltdementhial

Aug 20, 2011
ok im not a fanboy but i got my Collection of CoD Games...i got every CoD for PC except WaW and Black Ops why? because the games in charge of Treyarch just suck zombies is the best they got.

I finished CoD Mw1 on lauch Mw2 6 monts after the launch (steam sale) and Mw3 on launch...tough it's very very very short its defenitly not a expensive DLC...take 85% of the things you hated about the last 4 CoD's and take it away...whats still wrong...in TDM there are still campers and you can't drive tanks and things like that (thats only on United Offensive 2004).

I got my Battlefields too...Bf 1942, Vietnam, Battlefiled 2 Bad Compan

ltdementhial

Aug 20, 2011
[citation][nom]ltdementhial[/nom]error please sorry[/citation]
ok im not a fanboy but i got my Collection of CoD Games...i got every CoD for PC except WaW and Black Ops why? because the games in charge of Treyarch just suck zombies is the best they got.I finished CoD Mw1 on lauch Mw2 6 monts after the launch (steam sale) and Mw3 on launch...tough it's very very very short its defenitly not a expensive DLC...take 85% of the things you hated about the last 4 CoD's and take it away...whats still wrong...in TDM there are still campers and you can't drive tanks and things like that (thats only on United Offensive 2004).I got my Battlefields too...Bf 1942, Vietnam, Battlefield 2, bad company 2 (also the Vietnam dlc) and battlefield 3...Battlefield 3 its the exact same as BC2 just has a story more as CoD but not as...Cinematographic and epic.

Multiplayer on CoD it's always fun...and thats it...fun.

on Mw3 is more than fun yeah but its not full...i play more United offensive - CoD 2 or even Mw2 than other CoD's.

Battlefield on the other hand is very serious...its like comparing Paintball to tactical training...but on Battlefield 3 the maps are full of guys making "stunts" trolling and even camping for long times.

on Battlefield i love to play both Vietnams and BC2.

Everyone got their taste...some people plays more Fifa than PES, GT or Forza more than NFS...that type of things...even i know people that enjoys more Gosth Recon than any battlefield-CoD game.

Trolls and haters are in every game true...but if they don't like the other guy game...please shut and play the game you like.

for me its all about United offensive-Mw3- Vietnam(the original)- CSS...

jeremy88

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
[citation][nom]upgrade_1977[/nom]BF3 "shipped" 10,000,000 units it's first day, multiplied by $59.00 = 590 Million... So.. How is that breaking records?[/citation]

That was a total, this article is only speaking of US / UK sales, so add up the rest of Europe, Asia, and Latin America && Pre-Orders and it surpasses 10,000,000 easily...

I got both games and love them both, they are different game styles and I just don't understand why these fanboys keep bashing one. If you don't like MW3 or BF3 just don't buy/play it but quite your whining already.

growup

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
Activision will never realize how they were noticed.....

Anyone remember DARK REGIN for the PC?!? Best strategy game ever and you had so many units to fuk with.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
meh nothing new under the sun and as long as they don't separate the pc version from the dumbed down console versions with there crappy auto-aim and dx8 graphics it will suc :( most of the us weapons are OP little or no recoil/spread its like playing doom 3 or duke 3d cept all the fun is missing :D played it at a friend finished it in little over 4h so thats that in singleplayer, nothing new or fun about it. No out of the ordinary missions like Chernobyl or the escape before the Nuke in MW1. Oh yes and im a biiiig fan of the hide after your shot to auto heal system ... To be honest 60$ for it is a waste of money id rather just go out and spend it on booze and hookers , its a more worth while thing, yes that means if u think u can do something else with that money besides buy Mw3 do it its 99% a better choice :D

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]molo9000[/nom]Why are people so stupid? 60bucks for the exact same game every 12 months....[/citation]
A bit like Madden, Fifa, Need For Speed, Final Fantasy... if you ever bought one of them it is no different

adobejesus

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
Activision on Friday announced that Modern Warfare 3, which launched last Wednesday

Am I the only reader that caught this? MW3 Launched on Tuesday 11/8. I should know as I went to the midnight release on Monday night, then had some beers as 11/8 was my 21st birthday.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I haven't really liked the COD series since COD4 (which was great). COD5 was decent, but just a reskin of 4.

Why would anyone buy MW3 when BF3 is out? Maybe MW3 is better on consoles?

Of course the real question is why would anyone be playing anything other than Skyrim right now. I'm so mad that I had to go to work. I took Friday off and have been playing Skyrim for most of the last 4 days.

G

Yes, I bought it, and I got my money's worth in the first two hours. Unbelievable. I also have MW2 and Black Ops, so I had an idea of what I was going to get. I underestimated the awesomeness of MW3. Same hardware, but what an improvement in graphics and sound. The game play is excellent.

I also bought BF3 a week ago, and it's cool too, but it doesn't quite reach the bar set by MW3. Both worth having though.

G

[citation][nom]molo9000[/nom]Why are people so stupid? 60bucks for the exact same game every 12 months.... I would probably buy Black Ops if they reduced the price to 15-20bucks. I know it's shallow and stupid, but it's still fun in a fast-food kind of way.[/citation]

Explain how it's the same. I see plenty of differences that warrant another buy, and they're way more than what changes in each yearly Madden.

g-unit1111

Titan
[citation][nom]hoof_hearted[/nom]I got Skyrim.BF3 = (No Steam, only Origin)MW3 = (Been there done that)[/citation]

I'm getting Skyrim for sure. I like BF3 but I do not like the Origin system. The only bad thing is I want a physical copy of Skyrim and I can't seem to find the PC version anywhere.

psychobob

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2007
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Goes to show there are a lot of 13-17 years olds with outdated console garbage. With no clue what a real gaming platform looks like or plays like. BF3 on high end PC FTW.[/citation]

Can you be any more of an elitist a-hole? What the hell is a 'real' gaming platform anyways?

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]jl0329[/nom]Really? Apple users get flamed even under a COD article, amazing....[/citation]
Well, if Samsung can get sued over a rectangle, then Apple users can get flamed over a CoD article.

Not that Macs can run CoD, but just saying.
:p

G

I hate to sign up in the "Me Too!" parade but my progress with COD has been something like this:

COD4: Awesome campaign, great multiplayer, just rampant cheaters and bad admins

World at War: Great campaign, didn't bother with the multiplayer

MW2: Even more awesome campaign, but too short, complete mess on the multiplayer, literally a kid's arcade with killstreaks that ruined the game.

Black Ops: COD4 with more weapons and killstreaks. Still a lot of cheaters and bad admins.

MW3: Confusing campaign that was short and literally a bad sequel, and a multiplayer that is MW2 all over again. Why? People hated MW2's multiplayer. Plus, the game had only been out three days and half the players were all over level 40. Uh-huh.

So..the campaigns have all broken down into vignette episodes of hordes of enemies blasting at you from all directions, and the multiplayer is hordes of cheaters blasting at you from all directions. Nothing is changing, just getting repackaged over and over. I'll play it to kill time and justify my $59.99, but the fun has run out of it.

mrpijey

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009

CoD runs just fine on my Mac thank you very much. You do know what a Mac is right? This isn't the 90's...

julianbautista87

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
I think it's a good game, and it's on Steam. why so much hate? do you really expect them to change the good things of the game? or to make some incredible physics and graphics for enthusiast-only? I still think that they have one of the best single player campaigns.

natural11

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
I bought it. Online is an improvement over MW2 (except the maps) and single player was better than MW2. Worth the money. It's not revolutionary, but it's a good bit of fun for $60. A night to the movies with the woman about $50 and that's only for 2 hours.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
I can't get over how retarded this game is, but I guess that's the sign of the times. Every single aspect of the game is unrealistic to the point of making me laugh out loud. Mechanics are poor, the story is ridiculous, the action is cartoonish and the developers were hoping to distract me from all of this by adding more and more enemies at a higher and higher pace.

I wish someone would remake the original Rainbox Six... sigh... at least I also got Skyrim

bradkman

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
I thought it was a great game. Why all the negative feedback? If you haven't played it, you have no right to criticize it!

col_krismiss

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
Anyone who has played any CoD after the original MW has played it. It changed up some perks and added 5 hours worth of story, that in itself barely even qualifies as an expansion.

G

What I find more interesting is the critics review of MW3 vs user review.

From Metacritc
MW3 (Critic/users):
PC: 8.1/1.9
360: 8.9/3.2
PS3: 8.8/2.8

BF3 (Critic/users):
PC: 8.9/7.5
360: 8.4/7.5
PS3: 8.6/7.6

Skyrim (Critic/users):
PC: 9.5/8.5
360: 9.6/8.9
PS3: 9.5/8.9

Obviously, the only reason why MW3 sold so well was because Activision was advertising it like crazy (and most likely paying off reviewers for high scores considering the poor user scores)

billj214

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
COD franchise for me is over, no game strategy, only run, jump and shoot! Seems to be made for consoles and kids!

BF3 is the best FPS I have ever played! Large maps, more realistic and graphics are amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.