Question Modular PSU

Jun 17, 2022
I recently became educated on the incompatibility of modular power cables. I have an older Rosewill Capstone 750W 80+ Gold PSU. I need a 6 (has 8 keys but 2 are empty) x 6+2 pcie power cable and my unit differs from the ones they currently make. Rosewill informed me they have no replacements as I bought the unit in 2014 and they discontinued that particular model. The unit is perfectly good and meets my power needs still, but need a second power cable for a new RTX 3070. Is there any way to find a compatible cable? I've searched several different parameters with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated, but I see a new PSU in my future I fear. Thanks.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I would recommend an upgrade. It is on the older side.

Is that the exact name of the PSU? The OEM should be Superflower, and it is possible that a cable kit for one of their PSUs would work. (Would also match similar EVGA models which also use SuperFlower as a manufacturer)

Close up shots of the cables you have and the sockets on the PSU would be needed. But you need to be absolutely certain they match before making an attempt.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS