Question Modular PSU

Jun 17, 2022
I recently became educated on the incompatibility of modular power cables. I have an older Rosewill Capstone 750W 80+ Gold PSU. I need a 6 (has 8 keys but 2 are empty) x 6+2 pcie power cable and my unit differs from the ones they currently make. Rosewill informed me they have no replacements as I bought the unit in 2014 and they discontinued that particular model. The unit is perfectly good and meets my power needs still, but need a second power cable for a new RTX 3070. Is there any way to find a compatible cable? I've searched several different parameters with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated, but I see a new PSU in my future I fear. Thanks.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I would recommend an upgrade. It is on the older side.

Is that the exact name of the PSU? The OEM should be Superflower, and it is possible that a cable kit for one of their PSUs would work. (Would also match similar EVGA models which also use SuperFlower as a manufacturer)

Close up shots of the cables you have and the sockets on the PSU would be needed. But you need to be absolutely certain they match before making an attempt.