Question Moisture detected in USB port - Android/Samsung mobile device

JayTeeEich

Reputable
Jun 16, 2019
So last night while charging my son's S8+, the phone started beeping like I've never heard before. Turns out it was the "moisture detected in usb" error. So I unplugged it. And swapped the cable and wall adapter. Same thing happened. So I figured it must be the phone, although I know it didn't get wet or anything, but I put it in front of the fan anyway, and proceeded to charge my s10+ instead. About 25% into my charge, MY phone gives me the same error! Tried other cable/adapter, same thing. Two phones, same error for the first time, in the same night?

Anyway, did some research and tried some solutions online, like the clearing USB settings, force stopping Android system in settings, and the water drop icon went away and the phones were able to charge again. But the S8+ would keep beeping occasionally, but would stop. Then would keep beeping like the charging cable was being disconnected and connected again. In all, the connection beeps were intermittent, and the moisture error would come and go (no settings adjusted).

But now it seems, neither phone shows as fast charging via USB cable even though the setting is on. I'm ok with it for now as long as the phones can charge, but has anyone ever seen this before, or know a solution? I'll buy a wireless charger if I need to, but what if I need to use a battery pack on the go or something? Just so perplexed by this whole thing how two phones can do the same wiggy thing on the same night, under the same conditions. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

JayTeeEich

Reputable
Jun 16, 2019
Two different phones, two different cables, two wall adapters - same problem....

Same wall outlet?

Provided that I correctly understand what has been done the wall outlet seems to be the only remaining common factor.

Nope, two different wall outlets too.

So far today my phone charges, just not fast charges. No moisture errors yet, but I'm using a third cable and adapter now (the one I keep at work). So I'm going to take this cable home and try and see

JayTeeEich

Reputable
Jun 16, 2019
Good plan.

Continue being methodical and changing/trying only one thing at a time.

Working at it indeed. What I can't figure out is how can two phones do it at exactly the same time. Unless somehow the first cable or adapter was somehow wet, which wet the 2nd phone, which then wet the other cable...I dunno. And why doesn't it fast charge now, and why was the s8 beeping all dang night. Lol. I'll keep at it and hopefully someone here can chime in who knows more about this issue than I.

Thanks! 👍

JayTeeEich

Reputable
Jun 16, 2019
So to update, the following day after coming home from work. All issues stopped and fast charging is now a thing again. Didn't do a thing really, it just went back to normal on its own. It's the weirdest thing. Issue resolved I guess. Thanks to all for the help! Can flair this as solved 👍

Reactions: Ketchup79