Molex to 6PIN for R9 270x

Bloch

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
Hi. So i will get the R9 270x but i noticed that my Coolermaster Extreme 500w only has x1 6Pin and this R9 requires x2 6pin connectors. I've used some molex for the fans so i need to know if there is anything wrong or risky by using my last molex and adapt them for my vid card? Thank you !
Sidenote: I could also use the "outter" molex that go from my fans right? or do they receive less power?

Solution
Do NOT use a Cooler Master eXtreme Power PSU with any graphics card that you would like to have live for a while, they are grossly overrated garbage. When a PSU doesn't have the right connectors its generally a sign that it isn't meant to support loads of that level, your PSU wasn't good back when it was new, it will have aged and gotten worse since. If you pull more than about 80% load from it its going to start trying to kill parts, don't mess with the shoddy PSU anymore.
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-eXtreme-Power-Plus-500-W-Power-Supply-Review/728/8

TLDR - yes adapters exist, no they shouldn't be used, your PSU will probably die if you try it
Do NOT use a Cooler Master eXtreme Power PSU with any graphics card that you would like to have live for a while, they are grossly overrated garbage. When a PSU doesn't have the right connectors its generally a sign that it isn't meant to support loads of that level, your PSU wasn't good back when it was new, it will have aged and gotten worse since. If you pull more than about 80% load from it its going to start trying to kill parts, don't mess with the shoddy PSU anymore.
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-eXtreme-Power-Plus-500-W-Power-Supply-Review/728/8

TLDR - yes adapters exist, no they shouldn't be used, your PSU will probably die if you try it

Solution

Bloch

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
wow shocking news i was so excited already.
At this point i cannot afford the 270x and a new PSU. What can you suggest i do? a lower-end card maybe? a better not-so-expensive psu ? im not that familiar so if you could name some items i would trully appreciate it.

Bloch

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008

Ok i think i will wait for the R9 270x and meanwhile, what you think of getting a PSU Corsair 600w 80plus Bronce Cx600m ( To be used later on with the 270x) and get a R7250-1GD5 temporarily? Just need to know if that PSU can take the 270x really.