[SOLVED] Monitor audio jack not working

May 21, 2020
im trying to plug an external speaker to my monitor which have a 3.5 audio in jack. I know that it wont produce any sound since the monitor's 3.5jack is AUDIO IN. What im trying to do is to have 2 playback devices on my pc. One is the realtek playback device which my headset is connected and the other is my monitor which i want my speaker to connect. Is there a way that i can have 2 playback devices? one for my headset and the other is to my speaker? or is there any hardware that can do that?

Solution
Yes monitor have built-in speakers. But the audio jack at the back says audio in. And yes the monitor is connected to pc by HDMI
Go to control panel > Sound and set HDMI as default speaker just to see if you can get sound thru it. Monitor should also have sound control in it's OSD panel, may need to set it to maximum as speakers in them are usually very low powered. .
im trying to plug an external speaker to my monitor which have a 3.5 audio in jack. I know that it wont produce any sound since the monitor's 3.5jack is AUDIO IN. What im trying to do is to have 2 playback devices on my pc. One is the realtek playback device which my headset is connected and the other is my monitor which i want my speaker to connect. Is there a way that i can have 2 playback devices? one for my headset and the other is to my speaker? or is there any hardware that can do that?
Does monitor have own speakers ? , If it has only input for sound you need to connect it to another sound output on PC and hopefully be able to configure outputs thru sound control in audio drivers.
If it's connect to PC by HDMI or DP it should be able to get sound thru it.

May 21, 2020
Does monitor have own speakers ? , If it has only input for sound you need to connect it to another sound output on PC and hopefully be able to configure outputs thru sound control in audio drivers.
If it's connect to PC by HDMI or DP it should be able to get sound thru it.
Yes monitor have built-in speakers. But the audio jack at the back says audio in. And yes the monitor is connected to pc by HDMI

Go to control panel > Sound and set HDMI as default speaker just to see if you can get sound thru it. Monitor should also have sound control in it's OSD panel, may need to set it to maximum as speakers in them are usually very low powered. .

Solution