Question Monitor becomes dark in the top-right corner when setting refresh rate above 60 hz ?

bryan94sb

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2014
I run a dual screen monitor set up. Main gaming monitor is a viewsonic XG2703-GS running at 165hz and a 4k LG monitor as my secondary. My graphics card is a EVGA 2080ti. Ive had this setup for about 2 years running and never had any issues with it whatsoever. Then recently I noticed when I was going to play a shooting game, my refresh rate was at 60hz. I changed it back to 165hz and my viewsonic monitor was very dim in the top right corner. This would happen sometimes if I were to turn off my LG monitor and only have my viewsonic monitor on but it has never happened when I have both monitors on.

I was trying to remember all the things that I've done different this week and the only thing I can think of is that I sometimes leave my computer on overnight but I turn off the monitors. I believe that my monitors reboot and refresh which may mess up the refresh rate at times. Also, sometimes when I use my standing desk, my monitor will occasionally turn off and turn back on for a split second and go back to normal which I think is due to the wires.

So far I've checked the gpu drivers and they are up to date. I've tried turning both monitors off and back on and that hasn't worked. If I put my monitor to 60hz then the picture quality is crystal clear and it doesnt look like a TN panel. Any suggestions of what I should do?
Thank you