Question Monitor burn-in ?

Oct 19, 2021
I've just noticed after full screening a movie that there's a line where the top of my taskbar is and the steam logo and some others are almost burned into my monitor, they're not heavily visible from distance but if I look close I can tell it's the steam logo. I'm mainly just wondering if this is normal for monitors ? I probably have the monitor on for 7+ hours a day.
This is my second monitor so it mostly has chrome and discord open, never really full-screen anything. Is there a way to fix this or is it just there forever now? Any help is appreciated

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
"Sometimes those marks disappears, sometimes they stay..."
Correction: Burn-in is permanent, however image retention is temporary.

He's right about oled type screens being most susceptible to burn-in, and some have countermeasures for them, such as a.i. assisted automatic dimming of only areas with static images, pixel shift, etc.
Though, with non-oled screens, image retention is normal and nearly unavoidable. This is probably what you are experiencing. It will likely go away after a while if you often hide the task bar when you're not using it, or play full-screen applications that allow the pixels to rotate/refresh, and if you don't continue to leave the static images up for hours on end. You can modify the taskbar settings to have the taskbar automatically hide itself when not being interacted. This is what I do on my oled tv, as an extra measure.

Oct 19, 2021
"Sometimes those marks disappears, sometimes they stay..."
Correction: Burn-in is permanent, however image retention is temporary.

He's right about oled type screens being most susceptible to burn-in, and some have countermeasures for them, such as a.i. assisted automatic dimming of only areas with static images, pixel shift, etc.
Though, with non-oled screens, image retention is normal and nearly unavoidable. This is probably what you are experiencing. It will likely go away after a while if you often hide the task bar when you're not using it, or play full-screen applications that allow the pixels to rotate/refresh, and if you don't continue to leave the static images up for hours on end. You can modify the taskbar settings to have the taskbar automatically hide itself when not being interacted. This is what I do on my oled tv, as an extra measure.
Thanks for help, i figured out it was image retention and did hiding task bar / left it off for awhile and all is good now.