Question Monitor buzzing at 165hz-144hz G24F

Ayzzo

Prominent
Oct 21, 2019
I just bought a new monitor a gigabyte G24F and I noticed when I put the refresh rate on 144hz or 165hz(louder when 165hz) I can hear a buzzing from behind it goes louder when I put a full screen grey or black app. It's normal? it's my first 144hz monitor and idk if this can be a problem in the future or what. I tried conecting DP and HDMI both with the same results and when i switch the refresh rate to 60 I can't hear anything.

The backlighting may be controlled by pwm circuit, pulse width modulation, which simply means the electricity is sent in fast waves instead of direct current. It reduces heat and stress etc. Try adjusting brightness through your gpu and see if you can get the buzzing to quiet down. I have heard sometimes it goes away on its own after some use.

Ayzzo

Prominent
Oct 21, 2019
The backlighting may be controlled by pwm circuit, pulse width modulation, which simply means the electricity is sent in fast waves instead of direct current. It reduces heat and stress etc. Try adjusting brightness through your gpu and see if you can get the buzzing to quiet down. I have heard sometimes it goes away on its own after some use.
Thak you for the answer. The sound is pretty quiet but I was not sure if can be a problem. Do you think I have to ask for a replace or wait a few days and see if the noise goes away? I tried some configs but I didn't notice so much difference on the buzzing. I sent a message to the manufacturer asking if it's normal but maybe will take a week to get an answer