Question Monitor color is messed up only for 6500K?

rsnider

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
I disconnected my PC to blow out all the dust. After hooking everything back up, my monitor is very dim with a green tint ONLY when set to 6500K. 5000K and 7500K look normal. It's not a problem with the computer because it does the exact same thing with my PS4 on a separate port (5000K and 7500K look fine, 6500K is dim and green). PS4 is connected via HDMI; PC is connected via DVI. I went ahead and tried connecting my PC via HDMI; still has messed up colors only when set to 6500K. And I don't mean it has a slight green tint; it's like blue and red are 0 and green is 13 (out of 255; as I said, it's green and dim). I don't understand why it would be isolated to the 6500K color temperature setting.

I didn't even touch the monitor when I was disconnecting the PC. I just unplugged everything from the back of the PC. No cables were jerked or kinked. I literally unplugged my computer, cleaned it out, plugged it back in and the color was all messed up. I could understand if every color temperature had screwed up colors, but why is it only 6500K that's messed up? I even went through the monitor's OSD and reset it to factory settings — no change. It's almost like the 6500K preset was somehow changed/corrupted in the monitor's memory but I don't know how that would even be possible, much less how to fix it.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Have you tried plugging the monitor to a donor system to rule out an issue with your GPU/drivers? Have you tried plugging the monitor with a different cable on the same port(DVI)? You forgot to mention the make and model of your monitor. To add, you will also need to list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis: