[SOLVED] Monitor connected to a laptop using HDMI cable is flickering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 9, 2020
Hello everyone, although I used to help everyone with their IT issues all the time, this time I could not solve this mysterious one, and god knows I've tried hard.
So the problem is that the monitor connected using an HDMI cable to my ASUS TUF FX504GD gaming laptop is flickering on and off (the picture is disappearing for 2 seconds and then comes back) every time the built-in microphone is triggered by any sound (like me speaking), it usually happens when I am doing Zoom conversations for example..
Iv'e tried many things to try and solve this include:
Switching between 6 different HDMI cables.
Trying several monitors - some of them were better, some are terrible.
Connecting external microphone.
Reinstalling the audio and GPU drivers and updating to several versions including the last available.
The usual recommendations in YouTube of how to disable system process that might solve the issue.
Clean windows installation.
Sending my laptop to ASUS for them to repair it - no luck, probably will never get laptop of them again.
Searching through thousands of web pages finding no one with a solution for me

So I hope someone here will enlighten me with a crazy or creative idea solving my issue. Thanks in advance guys!

Solution
Thanks for your reply mate!
Sadly I don't have any VGA port in my laptop, the possible idea you have suggested is completely reasonable but I have managed to find someone with the exact same laptop having the same issue, so I guess that the chance this is more of a software related is higher..
Anyway I don't really have other option rather then the HDMI port...
Well then its defnetly a software problem or the HDMI port...i mean if that someone has the exact same laptop as you have and having the exact same problem then its the laptop itself bro... :benetton:

Bassplate

Reputable
Hi there :benetton:
Well seems like you have tried everything that you could...maybe its the HDMI port itself on the laptop...I will recommend to use the VGA port/cable just to see if it still makes the same problem.
Use VGA just to test it...and if its still giving you the same problem then it might be that the ports on your laptops motherboard has been damaged.....its just a simple suggestion you know but try what you can.

Apr 9, 2020
Sadly I don't have any VGA port in my laptop, the possible idea you have suggested is completely reasonable but I have managed to find someone with the exact same laptop having the same issue, so I guess that the chance this is more of a software related is higher..

Bassplate

Reputable
Well then its defnetly a software problem or the HDMI port...i mean if that someone has the exact same laptop as you have and having the exact same problem then its the laptop itself bro... :benetton:

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.