Monitor darkened and showing vertical/horizontal grey lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son of the Desert

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016
I installed Company of heroes 2 yesterday and played a bit today and while I was playing horizontal grey lines started to show up. I never had a problem with my monitor. I quickly stopped the COH 2 process and waited for a bit and the lines came back. It started getting worse within seconds and the whole screen darkened and there was this white "glow" near the edges and it kept changing. I feared the worst after googling and thought something was wrong with my GPU or Ram. I have a gtx 950 which I had for a couple of months and had no problems. I decided to find the problem and tried first to see what the monitor would show if I connected my integrated gpu. It still was the same. I then opened the case and took the ram/gpu out and put them back in and it was still the same. I then connected another monitor to my pc and it was fine so I think only my monitor is having problems.
My monitor is a HP X20LED 20" Inch Black Led Backlit LCD TFT, it was a refurbished monitor. Do I have any hope of saving my monitor or should I start looking for a new one? (Also is 35-50 C temp normal for gtx 950 because the fan doesn't work or kick in)
Thanks!

Son of the Desert

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016

The cable was fine when I connected it to the other monitor, it's just the monitor itself having problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.