Question Monitor detected on startup, but stops displaying when Windows boots

macgallagher

Reputable
Jan 30, 2015
I recently had to replace my mobo, and so far all seems OK except for my displays. I use a DVI cable to run to an HP monitor, and a DisplayPort to HDMI to run display to my Samsung TV as a secondary display (Both run out of my GPU). Both monitors display the BIOS startup, and can enter BIOS no problem. When the Windows login loads, my HP monitor loses display. It is undetectable through Windows and DisplayFusion as well. I've tried updating my drivers for monitor (Device Manager just lists Generic PnP monitor) and my GPU (Radeon R9 290X I believe). I booted in Safe Mode and both monitors functioned, but the HP stopped working once I tried booting again out of Safe Mode. Any thoughts?

If you need further information on my setup, just let me know. Not sure what other information may be relevant.

macgallagher

Reputable
Jan 30, 2015
Update - I had previously tried just updating the drivers, which didn't work. I just read the guide on using DDU tool to uninstall previous drivers. After using the DDU tool my DVI monitor worked like a charm. However, when I updated the drivers back to the current ones the DVI monitor is again losing signal.

Any thoughts or recommendations on what may be causing this? Windows itself says no other displays are visible, and I don't see any indication of the monitor in the Radeon Settings tool.