Question Monitor display does not fill the screen ?

Jan 18, 2022
Motherboard: ASRock H81M-DGS

Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-4170 CPU @ 3.70GHz × 4

Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (HSW GT2)

Monitor: Samsung SuncMaster 2043

PC monitor is cropped about 50mm on each side I have to scroll to see all the text on the display.

Display menu it shows the resolution is on 1024x768 which is very low for the scrren.

Checking in Settings -> Displays there are two resolutions 1024x768 (4:3) and 800x600 (4:3).

There no option to change the aspect ratio.

Searching for the fault found my other two HDDs one with Ubuntu 20.04 and the other with

Kubuntu react the same.

Tried other monitor and cable again the same.

This happen in December last year I ask Ubuntu forums but after many tests there was no conclusion

to find the the fix the fault.

Search on the web dint find way to correct the fault.

I though it maybe the onboard graphics, the processor was Intel Celeron G1840 when this fault happen.

I replace the processor to the one above expecting to correct the problem.

But unfortunately no success it dint change a thing.

With all the test and changes I made come to conclusion the fault come from the motherboard.

Don't know where to start looking for the fault I turn to you people to help diagnostic and possible fixing this problem.

Thank you

Jan 18, 2022
My problem is much more that just add resolutions it is hardware problem from the motherboard and after been in contact with Ubuntu forums found it inst software that is why I turn to this forum as title says "HARWARE" to help
fixing the problem.