Question Monitor display issue when PC is powered on

Jan 16, 2023
Ever since I built my PC in September, I think the monitor I got has had detection issues. The whole build works perfectly, even the monitor is fine, however, every time I boot it up the screen LEDs turn on, but there is no picture (AKA the screen recognizes an input, but doesn't display anything, only lighting up). I still manage to use it everyday, as I unplug the DP cable from my graphics card and plug it in again to fix this, as it gives me a clear picture afterwards. The other solution is when I turn my PC on, leave the room for a bit, come back and wake it up from "screensaver" mode it puts a picture up as well. I have no clue what could be causing this, whether it is the monitor or graphics card, but I was wondering if anyone had solution or a similar problem so I could try to fix this, as I feel it is unhealthy for the graphics cards display port to be plugging in and unplugging it every day. Below are the monitor and graphics card I currently have, in case there is a known issue with these.

GIGABYTE M32UC 32" 144Hz (160Hz OC) 4K UHD Curved Gaming Monitor, SS VA, 3840x2160 Display, 1ms Response Time (MPRT), 1x DisplayPort 1.4, 2x HDMI 2.1, 1x USB Type-C, 3x USB 3.2 Downstream

4083MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti (EVGA)

TRENDING THREADS