Monitor Display problem?

AllanDale

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
Does anyone know why when I restart my PC, the display sometimes does not display a full screen? It almost always displays a miniature screen. Everything is up-to-date and I run a 64 Bit Win7 IE11 w/ 8 Gb (7.43 Useable)

AllanDale

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
I mean the windows comes up as a miniature screen. I always must maximize it. There is no problem with the picture. I have an HPPavilion w/ HP 2311x Monitor. It's around three years old.

AllanDale

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013

It comes up as a miniature screen. I have always got to maximize the screen display. HP Pavilion 2311x Monitor about three years old. No problem with resolution or how it looks otherwise.

AllanDale

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
I maximize windows by clicking on the middle button at the top right corner of the monitor, right next to the Red X log off button.

That's for maximizing applications. I thought you meant that Windows itself was only using the center part of the screen (including the taskbar and desktop background limited to that area). The red x button is for closing applications, not logging off. Admittedly, if you're using some sort of remote desktop software, closing the application is equivalent to logging off.

What application are you running that is starting in a small window?

AllanDale

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
I stand corrected. But, you get my point, hopefully. If I am on IE11, and am, for instance, just anywhere on Google, say, g-mail, or a bookmark, or even my bank account site, . Or, if I just installed an update and had to restart my computer, it always opens in a miniature window again. Whenever I restart my computer, it displays a miniature window which I always have to enlarge. I am wondering why it does this. I hope you understand what I'm trying to explain. I'm a rookie with PC's

AllanDale

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
To be completely clear. What opens is the IE!! Window Google website. Nothing else is there in miniature but the display which is sometimes on the left side and sometimes in the middle. I must click on the top middle maximize button for it to properly display. What causes this? Is there a way I can get it to always open maximized? Thanx for your trouble so far. It happens every time I restart.