Question Monitor displays no signal after cleaning the Graphic Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2020
So , i was just taking out my 750ti , tried to clean it up , i opened the screws to see the thermal paste had worn out , i didnt replace it i just let it be . Though when opening the 750ti i had to exert extra force since it was stuck on the io panel . I screwed back the gpu and put it back but when i started my rig the monitor wont display anything , can somebody help ? I took out my ram stick , cleaned it , retried putting back my gpu in the pcie slot but to no avail it wont display anything . Everything was functioning , led was on , fan was spinning . I tried to connect my monitor using the vga cable straight to my motherboard but still no display :(((( i was just playing some games just now . Im running 750ti , 2gb ram pentium g3250 , msi h81m-p33 and an atx 550w psu . :(

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Exactly what and how did you clean the GPU? And later the RAM?

Clarify: the GPU thermal paste was worn out but you did not replace it?

Can you explain more about how the GPU was stuck to the I/O panel? I think you mean the expansion slot...

As for the failed motherboard VGA to monitor connection - are you sure that the system supports iGPU?

Oct 18, 2020
Exactly what and how did you clean the GPU? And later the RAM?

Clarify: the GPU thermal paste was worn out but you did not replace it?

Can you explain more about how the GPU was stuck to the I/O panel? I think you mean the expansion slot...

As for the failed motherboard VGA to monitor connection - are you sure that the system supports iGPU?

I unscrewed the heatsink and fan of the gpu and gave it a blow using my compressed air can . Yes , i saw the thermal paste being worn out but i did not have any spare ones to replace it , as for the stucky situation , when i tried to pull the gpu Out of the pcie slot it was kinda hard since the vga port was stuck to the io panel so i coudlnt get it to move up unless i exert any horizontal force to the gpu . Im pretty sure my system supports igpu since ive tested dual monitor setup with igpu and dedicated gpu before , thanks for replying

Oct 18, 2020
I tried to reinsert the gpu back and forth but nothing works , im greeted with the same no display signal from my monitor , someone help me 😭😭

Ralston18

Titan
Unfortunately, based on the sequence of actions and events that you describe , it seems likely that the GPU has been damaged ( physically and/or thermally) with that in turn causing other problems.

The motherboard's pcie slots or other components possibly being physically damaged as well.

Use a bright flashlight and even a magnifying glass to look for signs of damage. GPU, video ports, motherboard: you may or may not be able to see the damage but it is worth looking for.

About all you can do is to swap in known working components but there is the risk that those good components could be damaged as well.

And if components and connections are stuck or tight figure out the cause and focus on resolving that versus using more force on the larger assembly.

Here is a link to your motherboard's User Manual.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/h81m-p33#down-manual

[Do verify that I correctly matched the manual to your motherboard.]

Refer to the User Manual to double check on supported components and the installation requirements and process before swapping in other components.

Not sure what else to suggest.

Oct 18, 2020
After reconsulting someone , he told me to run my pc on integrated with one of the ram stick out , it worked flawlessly , reslotted my other ram stick and my gpu and it all went back to normal :) , seems like i need to do this everytime i take out the gpu , maybe theres something wrong with my other ram

Reactions: notkor20
Status
Not open for further replies.