Question Monitor flickering after booting into windows

veeljko23

Reputable
May 24, 2020
I have a 3060ti, last night i updated drivers and went to bed, now when i booted the pc at first screen was just completely black so i restarted, after restarting i see everything until windows logo after which i get to the part where i log in with the password and i see monitor going completely black for a sec it turns on and its still black but i can see that the panel is on , and 2 times i saw the login screen and what was actually happening i got mad went out to grab my old monitor to see what it is, when i came back 3 minutes after im on desktop and everything seems normal. What could be the problem here?

veeljko23

Reputable
May 24, 2020
maybe updating needed more time?
does it happening all the timme booting?

how did you uodate the driver?
is the video cable still correctly and tightly seated,
I updated is as i do every time through geforce experience, i rolled back to the version before this and now it booted normally after a restart

veeljko23

Reputable
May 24, 2020
maybe updating needed more time?
does it happening all the timme booting?

how did you uodate the driver?
is the video cable still correctly and tightly seated,
The problem occurred again, i did ddu, installed driver version 537.58 (people said its the only latest stable version) i restarted the pc couple of times and i even shut it down for around 10 minutes and no issues at all. This morning i get up and same problem all over again, after the windows loading screen monitor goes black and it says no signal even though i can blindly write the password and get in the windows, where after around 30 seconds it blinks the desktop once and i get the picture, now even while i was writing this it was blinked like 10 times, black screen, image comes back, black screen,

Im using MSI Gaming X 3060TI and the monitor is IIYAMA g2470hsu, im using it with a display port i got with it, i was playing games since i got this gpu 20 days ago, no problems at all never had any issues and i still dont while playing gpu runs cool and is not giving me any problems

update the BIOS of your motherboard

which power supply are you using?

try a different DP cable, try a different dp port of the GPU
try HDMI
try a different monitor/TV

is the GPU tighly plugged into the motherboard? all power connectors as well?

try the GPU in a different system

veeljko23

Reputable
May 24, 2020
update the BIOS of your motherboard

which power supply are you using?

try a different DP cable, try a different dp port of the GPU
try HDMI
try a different monitor/TV

is the GPU tighly plugged into the motherboard? all power connectors as well?

try the GPU in a different system
Went to a friend and tried the monitor on his pc, no problems at all. One thing i noticed when i was moving the monitor is that my monitors power cable was really bent at the socket, im thinking that that might have caused some power issues maybe? I got it back to my setup and left it for around half an hour twice and both times everything was normal, my bios is updated to the latest version and if it happens again ill try other things that i havent. I also plugged in a second monitor and im mirroring them so in case it happens again i can see if its only my main monitor going black or both, because if its both im afraid my gpu might be faulty but i hope it doesnt happen.

Latest posts