[SOLVED] Monitor flickering using DisplayPort

Jan 29, 2019
Hello, I am all out of options so I am now writing on this forum, which I never do. So I had some issues with my monitor flickering, I have a Dell S2716DGR. I changed the DP wire, and it still continued, so I changed the port it was on, I have a Asus GTX 1070, so it has 2 DP ports. I switched ports, same issues, still flickered. I changed the refresh rate to slow on my monitor (which I was upset because i bought the monitor for the better refresh rate, which is 144hz). Still flickered. I got frustrated after nothing worked, I went and bought another monitor, Asus ROG Swift PG279QZ. I was excited to install the new monitor, and when it came I did exactly that. I have a total of 4 monitors connected to my PC, I had 3 of 1080P Asus monitors, and the Dell. Then I got the Asus ROG and installed that and kept the the Dell and one of the Asus monitors, I didn't connect the 4th one, instead I left the capture card connected. So I started playing to test out the new monitor, and to my surprise, the two monitors that were connected to DP started flickering, the new Asus and the Dell. So then at that point, I said, it has to be my GPU. I went on Amazon and bought another Asus GTX 1070, I was going to SLI it. I cleaned out my PC, all the dust and everything and I noticed the 140mm fan I have installed in the front was rubbing against the case, and it didn't have much dust on it, so then I thought maybe it was my GPU overheating because there was no air blowing onto it. I changed the fan to the NZXT 140mm that came with the case, and it works. I cleaned all ports and everything and then installed the new GPU. I put the new GPU where the old GPU was, and I plugged everything into the new GPU. Yesterday I gamed for a couple hours and no flickering, today I played for about an hour and the flickering started. I honestly don't know what else to do and I really need help. I literally spent $1,000 to fix this issue, and nothing worked. Is there anyone out there who had this problem and was able to fix it? Maybe it's a setting? Thank you for your help in advance. Below is the specs of my PC.

Asus 170z Motherboard
32GB Corsair RAM
1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
4TB WD HDD
(2) Asus GTX 1070
I forget which PSU I have in there, I think it might be EVGA 800 Gold. I'll have to double check, I built this 2 years ago.

I have a 240mm radiator on the top as an intake, 120mm in the back as exhaust, 120mm fan on the bottom as an exhaust, and 140mm in the front as an intake.

Dell S2716DGR G-Sync Monitor
Asus ROG Swift PG279QZ (newer model)
Asus 24 inch 1080P Monitor (HDMI)

Thank you so much for all the help!

Solution
I have a similar problem, and in my case, the issue is the hdmi. Try disconneting only the hdmi monitor and see if the flicker continues. It's a real pain having to connect and disconnet every time, but it's the only thing that works for me.

random_dude_

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
I have a similar problem, and in my case, the issue is the hdmi. Try disconneting only the hdmi monitor and see if the flicker continues. It's a real pain having to connect and disconnet every time, but it's the only thing that works for me.

Solution