Question Monitor for FPS gameplay.

Feb 16, 2023
Hi.

I recently built a new PC and I would like to upgrade my monitor, I currently have a Acer G276HL 1920 x 1080 with a refresh rate of 60Hz. I play lot of Call Of Duty and FPS style games. I saw a few brand like KOORUI but before buying anything I wanted to have some opinion from people. What would you guys go for, that is not gonna cost thousand of dollars? I checked a couple review on a couple monitors from different brand but can't seem to find anything that would guide me on my purchase.

Thanks! :)

NanoSuit3

Honorable
Jun 1, 2017
I always recommend this display to anyone whose looking to upgrade from 60Hz and it's the most cheapest HDR display you'll find IMO. ROG Partnered For LIFE!!!

May 30, 2023
Hi.

I recently built a new PC and I would like to upgrade my monitor, I currently have a Acer G276HL 1920 x 1080 with a refresh rate of 60Hz. I play lot of Call Of Duty and FPS style games. I saw a few brand like KOORUI but before buying anything I wanted to have some opinion from people. What would you guys go for, that is not gonna cost thousand of dollars? I checked a couple review on a couple monitors from different brand but can't seem to find anything that would guide me on my purchase.

Thanks! :)
Wouldn't recommend the KOORUI 1440p 144hz monitor (if that's the one you are talking about?) I've seen some pretty poor reviews and the price has done nothing but decrease which can only mean they are not selling well/taking refunds. I also looked for a monitor that wouldn't break the bank. Can I ask, are you looking to stay with 1080p or move to 1440p?

Either way, I would highly recommend something like BENQ or Lenovo, these are fantastic monitors that don't cost too much. I am currently using this Lenovo G27q-30 27-inch 165hz 1440p monitor and it is really fantastic. The colors are great and that high refresh rate is great for FPS gaming. I couldn't be happier with the purchase.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-G27...7&hvtargid=pla-1927313411009&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

Similarly, Lenovo do great 1440p options (both low Hz and high Hz), as well as some really excellent 1080p options for the same high and low Hz.

At the end of the day its your own opinions about what monitor you'd like but I hope this helped! :)

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Nice one. That's a pretty decent one there. IPS too.

To OP, keep away from VA, IMO. The colours can be off, and there can be ghosting too. Funnily enough I'm also looking for a new monitor. My current one is great for 1080p, AOC 24 G2U /BK. Comes with a USB hub, IPS, and great build quality. So am upgrading to 1440p too.

Have been looking at an ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ Curved as an option, so interesting to see what feedback you get.

Feb 16, 2023
Thanks for all the replies!
Also, what are your system specs in full.? Without that, we can't really recommend. CPU/GPU are important for higher res/fps.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my specs, here they are: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 (Non-X) paired with a MSI RTX 3060 12Gb with 16Gb RAM.

Thanks for all the replies!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my specs, here they are: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 (Non-X) paired with a MSI RTX 3060 12Gb with 16Gb RAM.
No probs, you're welcome! :)

So, that GPU is really meant for 1080p. It will game at 1440p in some games, but less so than a higher tier GPU. If you don't think you're gonna change any hardware in the next year or two, then prob a really fast IPS 1080p panel would be the best way to go.

Reactions: Yeww
Feb 16, 2023
No probs, you're welcome! :)

So, that GPU is really meant for 1080p. It will game at 1440p in some games, but less so than a higher tier GPU. If you don't think you're gonna change any hardware in the next year or two, then prob a really fast IPS 1080p panel would be the best way to go.
I do plan on upgrading some parts in the future, just don't really know if I should get a new GPU or CPU, but for now I'll go with a 1080p monitor. Thanks a lot! :D

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead