Monitor getting hot

Ivanbass1

Reputable
Dec 9, 2015
Best answers
Sorry if i have missed the forum, it said graphics and displays so i put this thread here.

My Philips 236vl 1080p seems to get hot recently.

Whats changed is that i've put it on a shelf and since its not an IPS panel i have to turn the brightness up so every bit of the monitor can be seen normally.

After a few hours on 100% brightness it gets really warm(you can still touch it with your hand and not get burned, but i can feel the heat coming off it).
So what i do is shut my pc down for a while, get it up again and turn the brightness to 0%.
Now the monitor is literally at room temperature with no heat coming off it whatsoever.

Should i take this to service, to replace the backlight maybe or have them clean the inside of it? The warranty is long gone since its 5+ years old but still good with no dead pixels or anything.

Thank you in forward for answering.

Eldy

Reputable
Jun 5, 2015
Best answers
Its normal for monitors to get hot (especially when your turning their brightness up to 100%). I doubt there is anything wrong with the monitor.

Sep 14, 2018
Best answers
i have an ancient acer x203h and a fairly new hp 27f. both are at 100% brightness but the acer gets warmer (85-90 degrees fahrenheit) but the hp only gets just above room temperature. i think that it's a technology advancement thing.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts