Question Monitor getting no signal after installing a new GPU ?

mariuvxx

Reputable
Dec 16, 2020
NEW GPU, NO MONITOR SIGNAL

Everything was fine with my pc beforehand, but i installed a PNY GTX 1660 Super into my pc and now my monitor has no signal. Ill try anything!

SPECS

Ryzen 3 3200G
PNY GTX 1660 SUPER OC
16 GB RAM
ASUS PRIME A320M-K
Thermaltake Smart 500W

NOTE
ive tried removing the GPU, and the issue now is that the monitor detects no signal even without it aswell, so i cant even access uefi/bios. Everything turns on, GPU fan spins, mouse & keyboard rgb turn on, just no signal. the GPU also has an 8 pin pcie connector, and my PSU only has a 6+2pin connector and im unsure if that will cause issues. Anything will help!!!

Lutfij

Titan
Thermaltake Smart 500W
How old is the unit?

You might want to try and work with another PSU, one that's reliably built. Source(borrow, not buy) a unit from a friend of neighbor, that has at least 450W of power for the entire system. See if that helps.

mariuvxx

Reputable
Dec 16, 2020
Thermaltake Smart 500W
How old is the unit?

You might want to try and work with another PSU, one that's reliably built. Source(borrow, not buy) a unit from a friend of neighbor, that has at least 450W of power for the entire system. See if that helps.
Had it for about 3 years, (forgot to consider that oops lol) but even then it was working just fine before i put the gpu in, so should that still be a concern? and i will try that as soon as possible, thanks for the suggestion