[SOLVED] Monitor goes black when starting games ?

Joshua_81

Honorable
May 18, 2016
When I start Fullscreen games, I can see the title screen, but after a couple of seconds, the screen goes black. You can hear the game running through the speakers, but cannot see it. The monitor pops up like it's going to sleep when it goes black. I can alt-tab to another program, but the only way to get the game working is to unplug, and re-plug the displayport to the GPU. Any way to fix this? using a 5700XT & 3700x on windows 11, but it did the same thing in Windows 10 as well.

Solution
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Please include the BIOS version for your motherboard, the age of the PSU and the driver version used for your GPU at the time of writing. It'd also help us two fold if we knew the titles of said games that exhibit the issue.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Please include the BIOS version for your motherboard, the age of the PSU and the driver version used for your GPU at the time of writing. It'd also help us two fold if we knew the titles of said games that exhibit the issue.

Solution

Joshua_81

Honorable
May 18, 2016
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

I fixed it with a monitor firmware update late last night. Thank you for replying anyways!

ill be sure to post specs in future.