[SOLVED] Monitor in Power Save, won’t connect to PS4

Mar 2, 2020
I’ve been trying to solve this problem for about a week now and can not figure it out.
I’ve been using a Dell ST2421L with my PS4 for years and also use it to connect my MacBook or my Gaming PC. Worked just fine until last week whenever I connect it to the PS4 it says power save mode.. does not detect the PS4.

PS4 is working on other monitor and my tv

Monitor Dell ST2421L is working with my PC

So both are functioning just not with one another. I’ve tried turning off HDCP .. didn’t help. I changed multiple HDMI cables that also didn’t help...

If anyone had this issue, and fixed it let me know

Cheers!

Solution
Go back to the other monitor and TV.

Determine if the PS4 "forces" either one into power saver mode. You may need to wait a bit versus just demonstrating that the PS4 is functional.

Change or disable any power saving settings on the Dell monitor.

Connect the Dell monitor to the Gaming PC and then the MacBook and turn off all power saving options regarding video.

The immediate objective being to determine if the behavior can be stopped/ended.

Next will be to determine what chain of events makes the monitor decide that there is no PS4 and thus remains stuck in power saver mode.
Mar 2, 2020

Ralston18

Titan

Determine if the PS4 "forces" either one into power saver mode. You may need to wait a bit versus just demonstrating that the PS4 is functional.

Connect the Dell monitor to the Gaming PC and then the MacBook and turn off all power saving options regarding video.

The immediate objective being to determine if the behavior can be stopped/ended.

Next will be to determine what chain of events makes the monitor decide that there is no PS4 and thus remains stuck in power saver mode.

Solution
Mar 2, 2020

So I hooked up the PS4 with other monitor and then the tv. Started up right away not a single problem..

Then I hooked up the Dell Monitor to the PC and it worked just fine I turned off all power settings and options and then rebooted the computer.. took the monitor out came back and hooked it up to the PS4 and still same “power save mode” screen

Ralston18

Titan
Not sure what else to suggest.

Are you aware of any firmware or software updates?

Any game or other similar macros/custom key presses that could be coming into play between the controller and Dell Monitor? Would think that the PS4 resets would remove them.

I am going to move this thread to PC Gaming - some additional views via the gaming community may lead to additional ideas and suggestions.

Mar 2, 2020
Not sure what else to suggest.

Are you aware of any firmware or software updates?

Any game or other similar macros/custom key presses that could be coming into play between the controller and Dell Monitor? Would think that the PS4 resets would remove them.

I am going to move this thread to PC Gaming - some additional views via the gaming community may lead to additional ideas and suggestions.

Yea tried everything you suggested but nothing happened still same power save mode it’s currently connected to my pc and it’s working. I guess I’ll just save up and buy a new monitor

Ralston18

Titan
Hopefully you will be able to find a new monitor that will be affordable.

Use the older monitor to remain operational. May not be ideal or perfect per se but at least you have a working display.

Start saving, look for sales, ask about - family and friends. I have seen it happen (and have had it happen) when just after buying something someone says "Oh ! I had "X" and would have given it to you if I had known." Words to that effect anyway.

Check yard sales, thrift stores, look for functional monitors that are being sold because of cosmetic damage.

My current main monitor is a salvaged ViewSonic that someone was throwing away because it "did not work."

[I discovered that all that was needed was a new video cable. They were gone so the monitor is now mine.]