Question Monitor isn’t being detected, computer crashing

Feb 11, 2019
I just a few weeks ago built a pc, and it was worked fine until this point. I was playing a game and would get FPS drops really low, down to like 6 when my latency is fine and my temp is 55 C. It would make a loud buzzing noise and then my monitor would shut off. So I would just turn the pc itself off and turn it back on, but now my pc is turning on and the monitor isn’t detecting it at all. Also, before when I first built the pc I had to turn the pc on and off like 3 times for the monitor to finally detect it. I ran a malware check and that is fine as well.
Specs:
GeForce GTX 1070 graphics card
MSI Intel 8th gen gaming motherboard Z370
500 GB SSD
Corsair CX power supply 500 Watt
Corsair 16 GB DRAM
Intel core i5-8400

This doesn't sound like a malware (or generally, software) problem. In particular the "loud buzzing noise" is indicative of something in hardware. First, if you have video outputs on your motherboard, unplug the system and pull out the graphics card and plug the monitor into the board's internal output to test. The next likely culprit capable of a loud buzz would be the power supply.

Feb 11, 2019
The loud buzzing is like, if I’m listening to music or the music in the game, it just cuts out and becomes a loud buzzing in my headphones.
This doesn't sound like a malware (or generally, software) problem. In particular the "loud buzzing noise" is indicative of something in hardware. First, if you have video outputs on your motherboard, unplug the system and pull out the graphics card and plug the monitor into the board's internal output to test. The next likely culprit capable of a loud buzz would be the power supply.

Ok, so then not audible from the PC itself but the speakers. That's not as definitive but still likely a hardware issue (something causing interference in the audio channels on the board). I'd still try onboard graphics as a troubleshooting step (if present).

Feb 11, 2019
Ok, so then not audible from the PC itself but the speakers. That's not as definitive but still likely a hardware issue (something causing interference in the audio channels on the board). I'd still try onboard graphics as a troubleshooting step (if present).
I am not very computer versed at all, so what should I try in a step by step process? (The monitor still won’t receive any input)

bignastyid

Titan
Would that be the cause to the monitor not getting signal from the computer?? If so, will replacing it fix it? Nothing is damaged correct?

It's either the PSU or the GPU and given that model of PSU is notorious for similar issues. Likely the PSU is becoming unstable during load and causing the system to crash, from what I have seen the next step would be the system will just shutdown or restart under load next step would be it starts shutting down even when not under load next step is it shuts down and will no longer turn on. That's the normal steps but sometimes they skip one or 2 of them on the way to final failure. Hardware damage from them is rare but it does happen so I suggest replacing it before it deteriorates any further.

Feb 11, 2019
Okay so I just installed the new one, the pc turned on fine and everything, played one game and after I quit I was going through stuff on the home screen and the monitor lost connection again. Any idea why?