[SOLVED] Monitor keeps going into power saving mode when connected via HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2019
My monitor keeps going to power saving mode when I connect it to my PC via HDMI, VGA port works fine. I've tested my HDMI cable using my TV, the cable is fine the PC is working as well, as I can use it connected to my TV, but when I connect it to my monitor, the monitor keeps going into power saving mode, I even tried to connect my laptop to the monitor via HDMI, it gives the same issue, VGA works fine with laptop as well. It's only been 4 days since I built this PC, the monitor worked for a day or two (connected to the onboard GPU, as I hadn't bought the dedicated GPU then) but now it keeps giving this issue, even when connected to the onboard GPU.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

PC specs:-
Mobo - Gigabyte H310M H
RAM - 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400MHz
GPU - Sapphire Nitro Radeon RX580 8gb
Processor - Intel i3 8100
PSU - Antec earthwatts 550 Watts 80+ gold certified
Monitor - Dell ST2010f ( max res 1600x900)

Solution
I've encountered this problem a lot with HDMI monitors. On monitors that also have a DVI port, I've found using an HDMI to DVI adapter will take care of the problem, and in some cases, using a higher quality HDMI cable has worked.

VIVO-US

Honorable
Feb 1, 2017
I've encountered this problem a lot with HDMI monitors. On monitors that also have a DVI port, I've found using an HDMI to DVI adapter will take care of the problem, and in some cases, using a higher quality HDMI cable has worked.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.