supersteff95

Reputable
Nov 16, 2019
Hello guys i've been having some problems with my monitor lately,and the thing or rather the problem im facing with are some weird lines which tend to appear when monitor starts cold(like in morning or some time of inactivity 3-4hours) on 144 hz or when it goes into a sleep mode...
When its on cold start as soon as i switch to the 120Hz lines disappear,but when monitor goes into sleep mode and i wake it you cant see it on taskbar but if you load some game or you alt tab when you are in it,they appear even on 60HZ and after you repeat process(of alt tabing) they disappear.
I've tried cleaning drivers with DDU,cleaning the card and ports themselves,i've tried with both hdmi and dp,i've freshly installed windows(because i've thought it may have been some third party program causing this even though it seemed unlogical to me),i even changed graphics card(Changed Nvidia for AMD)but no same thing happens all over again.
I've RMA 2x already and they keep sending me device saying its all "working properly and that it passed all tests".
The only thing i haven't tried still which also doesn't make logic to me is not changing power cable for monitor and i haven't tried different PCIE slot(i mean as far as i know if it wasnt working it shouldn't even be able to display picture)
I will drop shareable googledrive link down below :)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lkXNlSKyGt4tZzunllHGnhVmzImo0HiX?usp=sharing

D

Deleted member 362816

Weird looks like a bad video card. To confirm it's not the monitor run a different device on the monitor and see if you get the same results.

supersteff95

Reputable
Nov 16, 2019
Yeah thats
Weird looks like a bad video card. To confirm it's not the monitor run a different device on the monitor and see if you get the same results.
Yeah those were my initial thoughts so i swapped cards but same issue persisted,i was confident it was graphics card until one day monitor went into a sleep mode and i've connected both tv and monitor on 60hz and i was able to see lines in game on monitor and not on tv...(there is a video of it on gdrive)
Just shame that people near me have a pc configs that aren't capable to run monitor on 144hz due to their old Am1 or Am2 config i've forgotten which it was haha,so i can clarify my theory that monitor is faulty...
The only thing i've changed this year on my pc or rather to say it better i've upgraded my ram,i dont know can that be issue because i've bought identical pair of sticks with same serial number and clocks(Used to have 16GB GSkill Aegis 3200MHz and they were bought in 2020,and last 2 ofc in this year).
They are both detected as it shows 32GB of Ram when i open bios :)

D

Deleted member 362816

Yeah thats

Yeah those were my initial thoughts so i swapped cards but same issue persisted,i was confident it was graphics card until one day monitor went into a sleep mode and i've connected both tv and monitor on 60hz and i was able to see lines in game on monitor and not on tv...(there is a video of it on gdrive)
Just shame that people near me have a pc configs that aren't capable to run monitor on 144hz due to their old Am1 or Am2 config i've forgotten which it was haha,so i can clarify my theory that monitor is faulty...
The only thing i've changed this year on my pc or rather to say it better i've upgraded my ram,i dont know can that be issue because i've bought identical pair of sticks with same serial number and clocks(Used to have 16GB GSkill Aegis 3200MHz and they were bought in 2020,and last 2 ofc in this year).
They are both detected as it shows 32GB of Ram when i open bios :)

If you changed cards and it still did it then it is the monitor. Throw it away and buy a new one they aren't worth repairing.

supersteff95

Reputable
Nov 16, 2019
If you changed cards and it still did it then it is the monitor. Throw it away and buy a new one they aren't worth repairing.
Yeah i did,its still under warranty but im kinda sick of having to carry it third time to the shop lol("for them to take a look at it"),some companies have such a bs customer service its unreal...
I've been using both times under warranty old 720p one that has 60hz refresh but i have never seen this particular issue happen when monitor goes in sleep mode(used to happen on AOC when refresh rate was at 60)...
Mate tech can be sometimes complicated alot haha