Question Monitor loses signal after changing display to 240 Hz ?

Jun 7, 2022
Hi guys,

My AOC C27G2ZU monitor loses signal when I try to change the refresh rate to 240Hz.
I've had the monitor for 6 months and until a few days ago everything was working fine.

A few days ago I started losing signal in while gaming, but disconnecting and reconnecting the mini displayport again would solve the problem. Today that happened again and the display defaulted to 144hz and when I try to change the refresh rate the screen goes black, and after a few seconds the image comes back, but the refresh rate is still only at 144Hz. I tried to remove and install the drivers again but that didnt solve the problem. Can it be a problem with the minidisplay port that is supporting 144hz but it is "broken" and not supporting 240hz anymore? Btw, I dont have any other cable that supports 240 hz at the moment to test if it is the cable.

Would really appreciate some help please.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2022
What graphics card are you using?

I have an RTX 2060 mobile

Are you using a display port or an HDMI port?

I was using the display port.

Thank you for your answers guys. I bought a new HDMI cable and everything is working fine now. I am just surprised that the other cable stopped working at 240hz and is only working at 144hz.