Question monitor loses signal only when gaming

Dec 29, 2019
would really appreciate some help on this , new pc Ryzen 5 2600x 16gb ram ,win 10 and MSI
GeForce RTX 2060 Super armor oc graphics card. Everytime i play a game like cod or overwatch after 10mins the screen goes blank and i get a sound that sounds like a usb device has been disconnected but no error message the pc is still running and still hear sound but cant do anything until i restart the pc ,its fine when on youtube and google only happens when playing games, my gpu temp gets to 75, i only have a 600watt bronze psu and wondered if it was because of that thanks

I would jump to the psu but could be just a bios update for the motherboard might fix it if not then the PSU
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html
Evga g2/g3
Seasonic focus/prime
I would recommend an EVGA SuperNova Gold G2 / or new G3 /GS / GQ, Platinum P2 / PS, or Titanium T2 or a Seasonic M12-II Evo or S12-II
GOOD PSU EVGA is a B2, G2, G3, P2, GS, PS, or T2. Avoid the EVGA B1 and G1 series/ I bought a EVGA G3 with 7year garentee

Reactions: dalby101

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Check in event viewer

Look for errors in applications, i suspect video drivers, either corrupt or power related. Event viewer can show various errors so read the article about ignoring some of those.

--

It's a new PC, but was the operating system drive a fresh install or was it transported from another PC?

Have you tried wiping video drivers with DDU in safemode and reinstalling in normal Windows?

Reactions: dalby101
Dec 29, 2019
I would jump to the psu but could be just a bios update for the motherboard might fix it if not then the PSU
Evga g2/g3
Seasonic focus/prime
I would recommend an EVGA SuperNova Gold G2 / or new G3 /GS / GQ, Platinum P2 / PS, or Titanium T2 or a Seasonic M12-II Evo or S12-II
GOOD PSU EVGA is a B2, G2, G3, P2, GS, PS, or T2. Avoid the EVGA B1 and G1 series/ I bought a EVGA G3 with 7year garentee
thanks ill look int it

Dec 29, 2019
Check in event viewer

Look for errors in applications, i suspect video drivers, either corrupt or power related. Event viewer can show various errors so read the article about ignoring some of those.

--

It's a new PC, but was the operating system drive a fresh install or was it transported from another PC?

Have you tried wiping video drivers with DDU in safemode and reinstalling in normal Windows?
thanks i look at the event viewer . was a fresh install windows

Dec 29, 2019
Evga g2/g3
Seasonic focus/prime
i have never done a bios update is that easy to do?

I only have experience with ASUS and it is a lot better than it used to be
BIOS
to access the bios hammer the delete key before system boots up as soon powered on
have a fresh formatted FAT32 USB stick download the bios from motherboard manufacturer only stick the bios you just downloaded on the USB stick recommend at least 2 bios's even if old re-boot press the delete button repeatedly to get into your bios select system then update bios select usb device flash it leave it to do its thing then you should be good with your new bios
if done wrong will brick your motherboard

Dec 29, 2019
Evga g2/g3
Seasonic focus/prime
I only have experience with ASUS and it is a lot better than it used to be
BIOS
to access the bios hammer the delete key before system boots up as soon powered on
have a fresh formatted FAT32 USB stick download the bios from motherboard manufacturer only stick the bios you just downloaded on the USB stick recommend at least 2 bios's even if old re-boot press the delete button repeatedly to get into your bios select system then update bios select usb device flash it leave it to do its thing then you should be good with your new bios
if done wrong will brick your motherboard
I just checked the bios and it is already up to date

Dec 29, 2019
Check in event viewer

--

then I would try looking for a good PSU something in a sale maybe Seasonic or EVGA would be my choice and think of wattage you might need for future updates in the GPU range.
then I would try looking for a good PSU something in a sale maybe Seasonic or EVGA would be my choice and think of wattage you might need for future updates in the GPU range.
yes i think that's the next step to try thanks for your help

Apr 29, 2019
try removing your gpu and play any game with integrated graphics and see if that happens again ( if it happens then there's nothing wrong with your gpu ) if it happens

then

do this step by step

1. Install Guru Gpu uninstaller or DDU gpu uninstaller
  2. completely uninstall your gpu driver with that software mentioned above in first number (1)

3. download and install a fresh latest driver from official site

4. after installing new gpu driver just shut down your computer and unplug all wires

now it's time to re set your gpu on motherboard

after re setting

put all wires tightely
and turn on your pc

Now play that game again

if that happens again

if it still happened
then go and buy a new cmos battery or just reset your overclocking profile simply

try to use computer at stock settings
if it still happens

then luckily you have come to the last part

but before that try reinstalling the window from official site

that could be the last hope

if still

then it will be psu problem for sure

Dec 29, 2019
Just an update installed a corsair 750 watt(gold) psu and its solved the problem all good now thanks for your help