[SOLVED] Monitor motherboard unit burned. What to do next?

Feb 9, 2020
I have a LG-34UM60-P monitor. It was turned on the whole night last night and wouldn't turn on this morning. I opened it up and found a unit of the motherboard burned. I check the warranty and it expired. I was wondering if there is a way to fix it (like getting a replacement of the unit or the whole motherboard). If this is not easy, I'm considering selling it for parts on ebay.

I have attached two images of the damage.
View: https://i.imgur.com/A3dvosa.jpg

View: https://i.imgur.com/DNaqYOQ.jpg

Solution
You might be able to replace the damaged PCB if you can find a replacement.

Looks to be rather straightforward to replace. I noted four screws and five connecting cables. Would not be surprised if there is a hidden screw or two somewhere.

However, consider that whatever happened may have caused unseen damage to other components within the monitor. Or the replacement PCB may just get blown when the monitor is turned on for the same reason the original blew/burned.

Go online and look for and price a replacement. May cost more than a new monitor and/or have limited warranty.

I got a number of hits using "E227809 B LG Monitor". However, try some of the other barcodes and numbers shown on the PCB. Hopefully you will find an...

Ralston18

Titan
You might be able to replace the damaged PCB if you can find a replacement.

Looks to be rather straightforward to replace. I noted four screws and five connecting cables. Would not be surprised if there is a hidden screw or two somewhere.

However, consider that whatever happened may have caused unseen damage to other components within the monitor. Or the replacement PCB may just get blown when the monitor is turned on for the same reason the original blew/burned.

Go online and look for and price a replacement. May cost more than a new monitor and/or have limited warranty.

I got a number of hits using "E227809 B LG Monitor". However, try some of the other barcodes and numbers shown on the PCB. Hopefully you will find an exact match.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution