Question Monitor mounts for 'glass' desk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smellybandaid

Commendable
Feb 20, 2021
Heyo. So basically I've finally come to a decision on which monitors I'm buying (yay)!

I have a glass desk for my computer, and the monitors I'm purchasing are 2x 27", curved.

Are there any good mounts for a glass desk? Would need to be double armed.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model monitors?

Side by side mounting or one monitor above the other (vertical) ?

Either way, I recommend using a floor stand. (Even if the desk is not glass.)

Much more flexible for initial positioning, making minor adjustments, and overall less problematic.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

USAFRet

Titan

Smellybandaid

Commendable
Feb 20, 2021
Alright, take into consideration all of this has to be cat-proof.. he destroyed my last monitor, I didn't use a mount for it, that's why I'm using a mount now.

Any advice on which single monitor mount you would use?

Smellybandaid

Commendable
Feb 20, 2021
Make and model monitors?

Side by side mounting or one monitor above the other (vertical) ?

Either way, I recommend using a floor stand. (Even if the desk is not glass.)

Much more flexible for initial positioning, making minor adjustments, and overall less problematic.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

What free stand do you use?

Ralston18

Titan
Not currently using a free stand.

I have a salvaged wooden desk with a single clamped Insignia post. VESA mount.

Only one 24" Viewsonic monitor at the moment. Monitor #2 ( 20") was simply sitting on the desk pending an office "rearrangement".

Overtaken by events: Someone else needed a monitor and I passed monitor #2 along.

Planning to go back to a two monitor setup pending receipt of a no longer needed monitor from a family member.

Plan is to put both monitors (side by side) on a TBD (possibly DIY) floor stand using the current Insignia stand and another salvaged VESA arm.

A good DIY project: re-purpose an old floor fan base and the post....

However the local "interior decorator/ cosmetics police" has raised some reservations about my plans. :)

That all said, the floor stand is overall the most flexible for me. Both it and the desk can be separately moved. (Walls here being 24" studs makes wall mounting quite "iffy" and not at all really moveable.)

Status
Not open for further replies.