Question Monitor, Mouse, Keyboard, Power and Reset button suddenly stopped working

Feb 26, 2021
My PC started to experience black screen, mouse and keyboard stopped working but PC is still running, fans are spinning and fan leds are working. I tried to turn it off by holding the power button and it doesn’t turn off. The reset button is also the same. It will only return to normal when I unplug the power cord and plug it back. Does anyone experienced this kind of problem? Any solutions will be appreciated.
Specs:
CPU: RYZEN 3 3100
COOLER: WRAITH STEALTH
MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE B450M S2H V2
RAM: HYPERX FURY 8GB DDR4 2666
GPU: PALIT GTX 1650 4GB STORMX
PSU: CORSAIR CV550
SSD: 120GB ADATA SU650
HDD: 1 TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA

Ralston18

Titan
How old is that Corsair PSU?

Heavily used for gaming, video editing or even bit-mining?

SSD: 120 GB noted. How full is the drive?

Check Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, an informational events.

Power down. Unplug and open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Ensure by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Try a new CMOS battery.

Feb 26, 2021
How old is that Corsair PSU?
I recently bought all the components last week.

Heavily used for gaming, video editing or even bit-mining?
I have only played Valorant, Genshin Impact and DMC 5 in low-med graphic preset

SSD: 120 GB noted. How full is the drive?
Not really, there is still 58.2GB unused space

Check Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, an informational events.
here is the message after unplugging the cord while the problem persists "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. "

Ensure by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.
I checked all the connection and everything is connected properly. I also reseated my RAM from slot 2 to slot 1 and tried to clear CMOS, after that I didn't encounter the problem for now, so I keep monitoring my pc.

Try a new CMOS battery.
I'll try this method, but I don't have spare CMOS battery so I'll try to buy one if ever the problem occurred again.

Last edited by a moderator: