Monitor not accepting Dvi-d

aaronogren7

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017
I recently bought a new motherboard, cpu fan, ram, and monitor for my brother because he wanted an upgrade plus his motherboard died. I have a Asus VE208T monitor and a AsRock B250M-HDV motherboard. I've been trying to download an os, but the monitor is stuck on only accepting a vga input, and I am trying to do a dvi-d input. Therefore, I've been unable to get to the bios and I can't install windows 7. I've tried to switch monitors, but the same things happened on a working monitor. I am pretty sure it isn't the gpu because it's fan is turning on. I also know that the dvi-d wire is working because it is brand new. I've tried to adjust the settings on the monitor to make it accept dvi-d, but it won't respond to anything I do. I also tried to use a vga cable, but again it says vga no signal. Overall, I am left with very few options atm. If someone could help that would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
I have discovered why it isn't working and it really frustrates me that I was this stupid. I forgot about the motherboard dvd driver which installs all of the drivers, so I feel really stupid rn. Popatim thank for your help I most likely wouldn't have got to the solution without you. (=

aaronogren7

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017
I have and an I5 in that computer it worked before I did all these upgrades. Could it possibly be the motherboard? This motherboard only has one expansion slot, so I can't test if it is working. However, next time I am going to respond is after I have put a 1060 in it to see if it is a graphics card problem. Thanks for the help btw.

aaronogren7

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017
Update: I put in the 1060 into the computer that has been having problems. The screen still didn't turn on, and to test whether it was a monitor issue or a motherboard issue I plugged a working computer into the monitor. The monitor turned on with no problem. Therefor, I am left with two reasons this could be happening. A. it is the very cheap motherboard that I bought not working (which is very likely) or B. it is the cpu (which was working before I made changes to the computer). Overall, I am going to assume it is the motherboard, but I won't be buying a new one until tomorrow just in case someone else has a thought they would like to add.

popatim

Titan
I agree with your assessment.

I don't believe that Motherbd has a speaker on it. If you have a plug in one try removing the rame and then booting up and seeing if it generates an error beep code. This would indicate that the cpu is probably fine.

aaronogren7

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017
I have discovered why it isn't working and it really frustrates me that I was this stupid. I forgot about the motherboard dvd driver which installs all of the drivers, so I feel really stupid rn. Popatim thank for your help I most likely wouldn't have got to the solution without you. (=

Solution