Monitor not auto turning on when my computer turns on.

sabeji the pirate

Reputable
Mar 20, 2015
Ok so I recently bought a new monitor (LG 34UC79G-B) and it's rather annoying that it will not auto turn on when I turn on my computer, and it turns off rather fast when it does not have a signal.

I use 3 monitors, and I have everything hooked up to smart switches, Normally I turn on the switches and all monitors turn on with my computer but the LG shuts off before my computer finishes booting. So I tried moving that monitor to a normal plug and keeping it running, but No matter if I don't turn on the other monitors when I boot the computer the LG still won't turn on. I see the power button flashing indicating it is in standby but nothing happens. I've looked in the settings but theirs nothing really there. I have Super super savings off.

I'm sure there is no solution to my first world problem and I should just hit the button but it takes away from everything being automated lol. Just hoping someone has a solution.

Would HDMI Length affect it from auto turning on? I mean I never have signal problems when I use the computer but I am using a 40 Foot HDMI

Ralston18

Titan
Cable length - perhaps.

General reference:

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-that-all-HDMI-cables-are-the-same

What are you computer's specs (e.g.: motherboard, CPU, GPU, memory, PSU, etc.)?

Swap the monitors around - determine if that makes any difference in the LG monitor working or not.

The computer may not be up to supporting 3 monitors.

Look in Reliability History. I would expect to see some error icon occurring at the time of the 3rd monitor's shutting down.

And, if the monitor is new, consider that it may be defective.

sabeji the pirate

Reputable
Mar 20, 2015
GPU: ROG 1080TI
cpu 7th gen i7-7700k
Motherboard: ROG MAximus IX code LGA 1151
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200
Power supply: 900 Watt

All the monitors work fine while I'm using the computer and all, I just have to manually turn on the LG one I guess it's not getting the wake up Signal when my computer is booting. I'll drag the monitor into the room with my computer and see if it is the cable length causing it. I have tried 3 other HDMI cables but just the ones plugged into my other monitors so they where all 40 foot also.