Question Monitor not detected after AMD driver update

Jun 12, 2020
Gday,

I've seen a hundred similar threads already, though no definitive answer for my problem. Hoping some of you might have ideas or solutions (prefer solutions).

I've just built a new PC. Was running fine - Installed Win 10 OS, then proceeded to update AMD drivers. During the process, the PC shut-down (I assumed it was a necessary part of the driver update, albeit abrupt & without warning). Now it's unable to detect a monitor at all. PC boots>keyboard/mouse light up>screen remains blank.

I've tried;
  • double checking monitor settings
  • using a second monitor
  • using a second hdmi
  • removing the GPU and connecting the monitor via Mobo.
  • removing individual components.
  • Initiating a winRE via constant reset.

I'm quite certain it's the Mobo drivers, and I've no idea how to fix it. Keep in kind I'm limited by not being able to see anything.

Specs;
ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming Motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix Radeon RX 5700 OC 8GB
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X with Wraith Prism
Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB (4x16GB) 2400MHz CL16 DDR4
Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 500GB (OS Installed here)
Thermaltake Toughpower iRGB PLUS Platinum 1200W Power Supply

Please help!!
Tarkar

Lutfij

Titan
By updating, did you let Windows download and install drivers it thought were right for you? If so, you should've downloaded the drivers manually from AMD's support site and installed them manually in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You might want to work with one stick of ram(preferably on slot A2) and remove the CMOS battery for 15 minutes before replacing. Also, you should be disconnected from the wall when removing the battery and rams(or any components).

Why did you get such a large PSU for a system that would require 750W at the max, with an overclock?

Jun 12, 2020
An update: I'm not unable to get past boot. I have solid lights for VGA and Boot.

I've tested boot without the GPU and display connected to Mobo, same result. Solid lights for VGA and Boot.

Jun 19, 2021
An update: I'm not unable to get past boot. I have solid lights for VGA and Boot.

I've tested boot without the GPU and display connected to Mobo, same result. Solid lights for VGA and Boot.
Have you managed to fix your display issue? I have the exact same problem and struggling to fix it.

TRENDING THREADS