Monitor not Detected - (ASROCK FM2A88M EXTREME4+, AMD 6800k)

unifx1986

Nov 16, 2011
I'm having issues finding the problem with my media server, The monitors do not turn on.

Below is a list of my parts and under that the things I have tried to track down the culprit.

Parts:

• ASROCK FM2A88M EXTREME4+ (the white sticker states FM2A88M E - XTREME4+, P1.50-15b)
    AMD A10-6800 Series ( AD680KWOA44HL)
    GSkill DDR3 1600 (F3-1600C9D-8GAO)
    GIGABYTE gv-n660oc-2gd
    Antec 520w PSU

Fans turn on.
Power light LED turns on.
Diagnoses beeps work. (tested with taking RAM out of the slots and I get 3 beeps)

I have taken everything out of the case and when the Motherboard just has the CPU connected and nothing else but the power supply I get the 3 beep diagnoses stating there is no RAM, Does this mean the motherboard is fine?

When I put a single ram stick in the A1 slot and put the power back in the fans spin up but no signal is detected and no other beeps.

I have tried using different monitors, Different connector types and cables - HDMI, VGA and DVI
I have also put the geforce 660 in and attempted the same, Still no signals.

I have reset the bios by removing the bios battery and holding in the power button for 20 seconds, Then I also put the jumper to the 2-3 position and held the power in for another 20 seconds and left the batter out for 20 mins and put the jumper back to position 1-2.

Still, Nothing.

As there is apparently no beeps for a bad CPU or RAM... essentially all I can tell from beeps is I have a motherboard without memory? or is that an indication the motherboard works?

I am stumped...

• Normal - No beep
    Bad CPU - No beep
    Bad memory - No beep
    Without memory - 3 long beeps
    Without CPU - No beep
    Without VGA card - 5 long beeps

Couple of things:

You're definitely connecting the monitor(s) to the gfx card and not the motherboard?

Is the PSU connected to the motherboard by the 8-pin 12V motherboard (in addition to the regular 24 pin PSU connection) ?

Have you tried the motherboard's gfx ports at all? It might be that the mobo BIOS is configured for APU gfx, and not monitors. Might need to disable APU gfx.

Pretty sure it's not an issue, but if there's a 6-pin connector on the top of the gfx card, that too is an additional PSU connection. It shouldn't need connecting for simple display activation though.

May 6, 2018

This is OP.

For some reason it seems I cant even reply to my own thread.

Any way...

I have the 12 8 pin connected to the MOBO and the 24pin.

I Am trying to get the mobo working without a GPU so I had the GPU removed,

I have tried the HDMI, VGA and DVI on the MOBO and I figured it might have been a bios setting to use the GPU so I reset the bios,

Then when that did not work I put in the graphics card which I know works and used the HDMI, still.. no dice, then I tried the DVI on the graphics card. no luck there either. (and yeah set the card up correctly giving it power)

I have tried everything and I know its not PEBKAC.

Now just trying to see if its the Mobo, CPU as I don't have another mobo that can take AMD and vice versa.