[SOLVED] Monitor not detecting signal through displayport RTX 2080

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlogz

Reputable
Jul 14, 2014
Hey everyone,

Today I was playing some games on my PC then I took a break an locked the pc. When I came back I noticed my main monitor not detecting a signal through a displayport.,did a quick restart..nothing. I was gaming on this rig fine this morning now it's not showing a signal. I tried a different displayport on the graphic card same problem.HDMI works fine with the graphic card but displayport not being detected. I even tried different displayport cables, same issue.

here's Spec
Monitor- Asus VG248 (Main) //// LG IPS 2 secondary monitors
CPU- i7 4790K
Graphics- COLORFUL GeForce RTX 2080
Motherboard- Gigabyte H97-D3H-CF
Ram- Hyperx Fury 16 GB
power supply- Corsair cx750

Before this problem happen sometimes when I lock the screen then it dims, I have to restart to get it working again.

Finally I tried my friend's monitor with a displayport it works. Does it mean my main monitor is dead?

Solution
The solution was that windows 10 automatically set my main monitor to "disconnect this monitor" on display settings. I had to change it to "Extend desktop to this display" option in multiple display to get it working again. Hope that this post might help someone in the future. ( That fixed my issue )

Scarlogz

Reputable
Jul 14, 2014
The solution was that windows 10 automatically set my main monitor to "disconnect this monitor" on display settings. I had to change it to "Extend desktop to this display" option in multiple display to get it working again. Hope that this post might help someone in the future. ( That fixed my issue )

Solution
I think this is a common DisplayPort problem, cause the only other similarity our systems have is the same series PSU. I've had 3 DisplayPort monitors myself and they've all had some type of problems coming out of power saving mode.

Have you tried simply disconnecting your monitor from power? When I would disconnect the power cable and then plug it back in, it worked most of the time. If that doesn't work, turn off everything, disconnect all power cables for at least 15 seconds, then plug everything back in and power on your monitor before powering on your computer.

Tried your monitor on another computer?

Reactions: emmontenegro

The best way to reset a monitor is to disconnect both the power cord and monitor cable for a few minutes. Then reconnect and power up as normal.

Meh, probably true. I just unplugged my monitor while my PC was still running and plugged it back in. Worked most of the time.

Scarlogz

Reputable
Jul 14, 2014

I did try all the solutions about disconnecting the monitor and uninstall and update the drivers and they didn't work. My solution was on my previous answer. apparently it was a windows problem atumatically set to "Disconnect this display" now it's fixed, appreciate the help.

Scarlogz

Reputable
Jul 14, 2014
Appreciate all the help, in some cases yes it's driver issues. Other cases in the monitor side and sometimes windows display can disconnect display automatically for some reason you have to change it.

Mar 30, 2019

I did try all the solutions about disconnecting the monitor and uninstall and update the drivers and they didn't work. My solution was on my previous answer. apparently it was a windows problem atumatically set to "Disconnect this display" now it's fixed, appreciate the help.

I have almost the exact same setup (i7 4790, rtx 2080, 16GB Ram, etc...) and today I woke up with the exact same problem, dumb me I tried everything except switching the display cable, after thinking my board was dead or something (cause even the monitor lit up for a split second everytime I powered up the pc, the bios wouldn't show up) I found this post and it saved my life

Thank you <3

emmontenegro

Honorable
Jul 5, 2014
I think this is a common DisplayPort problem, cause the only other similarity our systems have is the same series PSU. I've had 3 DisplayPort monitors myself and they've all had some type of problems coming out of power saving mode.

Have you tried simply disconnecting your monitor from power? When I would disconnect the power cable and then plug it back in, it worked most of the time. If that doesn't work, turn off everything, disconnect all power cables for at least 15 seconds, then plug everything back in and power on your monitor before powering on your computer.

Tried your monitor on another computer?

Wow! Thank you so much for this. that's a weird issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS