Monitor not reading GPU or intergrated graphics

b4zz4

Commendable
Jan 13, 2019
**FIXED thanks for help** have explained what fixed the issue in the replys somewhere

Hey, first thread on this website and i have an issue with my system

First off, specs:
i5 7500
16gb ddr4 2666mhz ram (2x8)
Asus z270-E strix
650w psu (some great 10 year warranty modular thing, forgot specifics)
Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070 8gb
samsung 250gb 850 evo
1tb hdd

My monitor will not detect anything from my GPU or even intergrated graphics whatsoever (using displayport). It appears both are in working condition as GPU lights work fine and so do motherboard power lights etc. all fans are operational. it also seems to boot into the windows setup (i have just wiped both drives using samsung magician and some other program i forget) as when i press the power button down it takes much longer than it would if just loaded into bios or anything similar (when holding down or just tapping). Have checked other threads nothing seems to relate or fix my situation (i have verified the monitor works as i used a laptop with a displayport and it showed up just fine). I have used the system after the wipe and loaded into the setup just fine so i know that isnt the cause. Even if it was, should still enter bios or whatever.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

b4zz4

Commendable
Jan 13, 2019
Assuming you are meaning the monitor,no it is completely black and enters sleep mode. Acts like pc isnt even there. monitor ON light flashes intermittently thats about it. only displays anything when i change the input (hdmi 1,2,DP etc).

No, not the monitor. alexoiu is referring to the status/diagnostic LEDs on the motherboard.

Yes, as mentioned by Phillip, the board features 4 debug LEDs. Check the board's manual, identify their location and see if there's a LED that remains ON when board started.

b4zz4

Commendable
Jan 13, 2019
that would be the pwr and DRAM leds. sorry for confusion

b4zz4

Commendable
Jan 13, 2019
Sorry guys didnt even notice the DRAM light appear as i was busy stressing about how i may have broken my gtx 1070, fixed it by reinstalling and cleaning ram dimms. Thanks for the help.