Monitor not receiving signal and PC shuts down after 20 seconds

dct048

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017
Yesterday I put a new PSU in my wifes PC and my old gpu. It worked fine and after some time away from the pc it had gone in to sleep mode. It would not come out of sleep and when I turned it back on the monitor is not receiving and the PC shuts down after 20 seconds. I am a little confused as it worked fine all day yesterday.
HP pavillion
I5 processor' not sure exact one but will be a few years old.
Motherboard, HP iPMB7 MP

freercurse

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2016
From what it sounds like, it could be an issue with the gpu or the psu, as it is not posting, begin with that. try re-seating the card (taking it out and putting it back in.) try with on board graphics if applicable and another gpu if applicable. if these have been done, then we can be sure that it is not the gpu and can move onto other things.

dct048

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017

Sorry should have said, I have removed the gpu and replaced the psu with the original one and it is doing the same thing. I have also taken the mobo battery out for 10 minutes and replaced it but still nothing.

dct048

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017

Yes they work. I am resigned to the fact the mobo is gone but thought it worth a try asking here before trying to get hold of a new one.

dct048

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017

Yes I turned those off when putting the new gpu in. Now though I can't even get in to the bios as the monitor is not receiving any signal.

dct048

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017

Turns on and stays on now but still no monitor. All the fans come on so everything is powered.