Monitor not recognizing DVI-D connection but recognizes HDMI.

willogio

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
So recently I sold one of my two monitors for a little extra cash, at the time I was using the one that is now sold as a monitor for my Xbox 360, now I only have one monitor and I've been having to switch out the inputs in the back of the monitor which is a pain. I opted to get a DVI-D cable to fix my problem by using my monitors dual input mode so I can switch back and forth between them. So today I tried using this new DVI-D cable and it's not being recognized by my monitor, all that happens is my monitor turns grey and the message "No signal fix your connection" or something along those lines. The thing is my HDMI cord works for both my PC and Xbox, is there any fix to this problem? The cable just came in today so I doubt it would be faulty or anything like that.

My graphics card is an EVGA GTX 770 and my monitor is an LG 24EN43, link to monitor here

Please any help is appreciated thanks.

willogio

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013

yes i know but it wont let me access the monitor menu it's completely unresponsive when it shows the no signal message

willogio

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013

I can't, something has to be plugged in and on for me to use the menu on the monitor.