Monitor not showing video with VGA or DVI

ewro

Honorable
Feb 12, 2018
I bought a new computer, but i didnt have a DVI-D adapter, so i connected him in the motherboard(VGA) and stay using the integrated graphics from the Ryzen. Then i bought the adapter but the monitor was showing "Check signal cable - DVI". I returned to the VGA and started searching in the internet. I changed my BIOS to use the PCIE as the primary video source and another setting i dont remember, and i changed something in the monitor settings. I disabled the integrated graphics (not uninstalled) and enabled the GPU drivers, then restart my computer.
I tried with the adapter but the "Check Signal Cable" message appears, then i returned to VGA, but i didnt get any signal, the screen shows the "Analog" in the left top, then the screen turn off and the button starts to blink.
My setup:
ASUS Prime A320M-K/BR
ASUS GTX 1050ti PH
1X8gb RAM 2133Mhz
Ryzen 5 2400G
Thermaltake 430W
Monitor: Samsung S19c301F (1x VGA, 1x DVI-D)
I have a VGA cable and an adapter VGA (F) DVI-D Dual link (M).

Solution
Some DVI cables have digital and analog, but cheaper ones have only analog. If the DVI adapter has the digital end, then it will preserve the ability to auto detect the monitor. But of course if the monitor itself is VGA, then there is no possibility any adapter will ever help it.

ewro

Honorable
Feb 12, 2018

yes, i tried use the DVI adapter in the gpu and without adapter (vga) in the motherboard, no results;

maybe if i buy a cable DVI-D DVI-D will work? both the monitor and the gpu are dvi-d dual link, but i found a dvi-d single link cable, the cable will work?

edit: problem solver, i bought a DVI-D cable and everything is fine. thx for the help

Some DVI cables have digital and analog, but cheaper ones have only analog. If the DVI adapter has the digital end, then it will preserve the ability to auto detect the monitor. But of course if the monitor itself is VGA, then there is no possibility any adapter will ever help it.

Solution