Question Monitor not shutting down Properly with new PC

May 28, 2020
Ok,

My new computer came in yesterday and I've installed all of my software.

Hardware:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x
MB: Asus TUF x570 Plus
Ram: 16GB
GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
SSD: 512 GB

Issue: Four Monitors connected in this way to the GPU listed above:

Dell U3011 - connected via display port cable
Dell P2012H- connected via HDMI to DVI-D converted cable
Dell P2012H- connected via DVI-D cable
ViewSonic VX2439wm- connected via HDMI cable

My GPU has those four inputs: DP, 2xHDMI, and one DVI-D

All monitors and GPU have been updated with the latest Windows supported drivers for their models.

All monitors run at the correct resolutions and work fine while on but when I shut down the computer or put the computer in sleep mode all monitors go into power saving mode/sleep mode except the Dell U3011 connected via the display port cable.

The Dell U3011 black screens and has an icon which says "no Display port cable detected" which moves across the screen.

I can manually turn the monitor off but in the past when this monitor was connected via a DVI-D cable on my old system it would go into Power Saving Mode and sleep just like my other two Dell Monitors.

One thing I've also noticed and tested which is different than my last PC setup. I have a UPS and tested a power outage situation on this "new" PC. If power drops the Dell U3011 goes black for about 1 second before coming back on. This didn't happen on the old setup. This makes me believe there is some sort of power issue with the GPU sending the signal via Display Port to this monitor which could also explain possibly why the monitor doesn't shut down when I turn off my CPU.

I also took the DVI-D from the side monitor, removed the Display Port cable from the trouble monitor, and put the DVI-D cable into the Dell U3011. Shut down my computer and the Dell U3011 instantly went into Power Saving Mode and turned orange on the Power button rather than staying blue and displaying a missing cable message.

So it seems it has something to do with the Display port connection to this monitor rather than the GPU

Any ideas on how to fix this issue? This Dell monitor is almost a decade old and I did find some threads online that discussed this as a problem with Dell monitors when connected via HDMI or Display Port. Maybe it is just a problem with compatibility but just curious if anyone in this thread has a tip that might fix it.

p.s. Just to clarify the Dell U3011 shuts down as expected when connected via DVI-D but will not shut down as expected when connected via Display Port.

May 28, 2020
Also, just to add that all four monitors shut down properly on old PC when connected via DVI-D. These monitors are all very old monitors +8 years. I don't want to get ahead of possible other solutions getting it to work and properly shut down through the Display Port Cable but if all else fails would a Display Port to DVI-D converter cable possibly solve the issue since the Dell U3011 does shut down when it's connected through DVI-D?