Question Monitor or Graphics Card Problem and Microphone Problem.

Dec 10, 2022
My monitor blacks out for a few seconds, then returns to normal. Happens a few times per day and it doesn't matter what I'm doing. Not sure what to do about, here are my specs and what I've done so far:

Here are my specs:

-Corsair RM750
-AMD R7 5800X
-Silicon Power NVMe M2 gen3x4 2280 SSD
-ID Cooling SE 214 XT ARGB Cooler
-Gigabyte Radeon RX 6800 XT
-B550 MAG Tomahawk
-G Skills DDR4 3600 8gb x2, changed to 3200, default setting is 2133. Pretty sure I had black screen problems at 2133, so I don't think this has something to do with it, though I could be misremembering.
-Asus VG27A
-Windows 11 Home

Things I have tried:

1. Changing RAM speed. 2133, 3200, and 3600 all give me the same problem.
  2. Ctrl + Shift + Win + B; restarting graphics driver.
  3. Undervolting GPU.
  4. Updating, reverting, and then updating GPU drivers.
  5. Ensuring monitor drivers are up to date.
  6. Changing HDMI port on monitor.
  7. Changing HDMI port on GPU.
  8. Changing Power Plan to Balanced.
  9. Changing GPU mode between Gaming and Standard in AMD Adrenalin Software.
  10. Changing refresh rates from 144 Hz to 100.
  11. Changing HDMI Cable.
  12. Display Driver Uninstaller -- completely reinstalling graphics driver while disconnected from internet.

I should note that I can use my monitor without any problems with my Xbox Series X. So I'm guessing the problem is not the monitor. I'm at a loss for what to try next. This is very frustrating and my first build. Don't think I'll be doing another one after this experience.

My other problem is my microphone. I've tried 3 different microphones; two 3.5mm input jack ones and one bluetooth device. None of the mics work. Have tried front and back 3.5mm port and multiple USB ports for bluetooth one.

I also had a fan problem I solved earlier. Had to try 5 different sys fan ports on my motherboard in order to get one of my fans to run.

Also my RAM voltage says 1.192 in my BIOS, and I can't change it. I see the field where I can change it, but it won't let me click on it. I don't know if that is related to the above problems, but I figured I'd add it anyway.

Dec 10, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

Thanks for the welcome. :)

I am on E7C91AMS.AB0, dated 8/25/2022. I forgot to mention that I updated my BIOS to this version. I had the same problems with the previous BIOS.

EDIT: going to use my integrated graphics for a few days to see if it is the GPU.

Last edited: